Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Charging issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 08:51 PM
97TClxiSTL
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging issue

Have a 2005 2.4L stratus. Battery is not being charged while the car is running. Replaced the battery with a brand new one as well as the alternator. Cleaned the terminals at the battery as well as the posts in the engine. Verified that 12v is there between battery & alternator, so the fusable link is good. While running the car will just drain the battery and eventually die. From the best I can find at this point the issue is with the pcm.

Question - If I can get a pcm out of a junkyard (same pn/revision) will the car still start up and run? If so I can have the shop I use reprogram it for the car. Just want to verify if this is even something I should bother doing to see if the pcm is actually the issue.

This is the 2nd time this car has had this issue. Same thing happened in March. Replaced the battery & alternator then as well.

New battery was load tested and it tested good. Alternator was also tested and verified good.