Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2000 Dodge Stratus Stalls when stopping

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 11:16 PM
fca tech
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your ltft is out of range at -26 did you have your foot on the accelerator ? because your tps is indicating 18% in one picture and 19% and in the one picture your stft is 99 which is indicating a rich mixture of fuel what does the ect ( coolant sensor ) read in the original readings it said - 40 degrees which could definitely be a problem double check that reading if it reads that cold it could be the problem and as the car warms up the ect temp should go up

Old 02-08-2018, 06:43 AM
ljinnc
Rookie

Originally Posted by fca tech
your ltft is out of range at -26 did you have your foot on the accelerator ? because your tps is indicating 18% in one picture and 19% and in the one picture your stft is 99 which is indicating a rich mixture of fuel what does the ect ( coolant sensor ) read in the original readings it said - 40 degrees which could definitely be a problem double check that reading if it reads that cold it could be the problem and as the car warms up the ect temp should go up
i did have the engine at a high idle due to it wanting to stall out, I can try live data recording again without any revving if that will help. Later it was very rough but it did idle for awhile. The ECT was reading normal temperatures while live reading. Started at 66* which was about right then rose up to a range of 210 230 depending on fan operation.

Today after work I installed a new MAP sensor and Idle Air Control valve, now it won't idle at all w/o my foot on the pedal. Throwing code P0508, getting worse rather than better. I bought both o2 sensors but will put them in later, my ramps dont allow to get it high enough.

Last edited by ljinnc; 02-08-2018 at 08:44 PM. Reason: add text
Old 02-09-2018, 04:39 PM
ljinnc
Rookie

Originally Posted by ljinnc
i did have the engine at a high idle due to it wanting to stall out, I can try live data recording again without any revving if that will help. Later it was very rough but it did idle for awhile. The ECT was reading normal temperatures while live reading. Started at 66* which was about right then rose up to a range of 210 230 depending on fan operation.

Today after work I installed a new MAP sensor and Idle Air Control valve, now it won't idle at all w/o my foot on the pedal. Throwing code P0508, getting worse rather than better. I bought both o2 sensors but will put them in later, my ramps dont allow to get it high enough.
Fcatech Today after work I installed a new MAP sensor and Idle Air Control valve, now it won't idle at all w/o my foot on the pedal. Throwing code P0508, getting worse rather than better. I bought both o2 sensors but will put them in later, my ramps dont allow to get it high enough.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:38 PM
ljinnc
Rookie

[QUOTE=fca tech;3377597]I'm guessing you have a 4 door body style that was the most common the 2 door will be a little different but here is a picture of where the valve should be located this is out of the 2003 service manual there's a lot of things that could cause a rough idle do you have any codes? there should be a emissions label under the hood that will tell you if its equipped with egr or not this information is for a 4 door the 2 door is Mitsubishi made and is different[/QUOTE

fcatech I got a better code reader and I copied this report from it, do these numbers look correct?
Freeze Frame Information
Parameter DescriptionResultsFuel Sys 1CLFuel Sys 2N/ACalc Load12.94 %ECT122.00 °FSTFT B11.56 %LTFT B1-32.81 %MAP17.42 inHgEng RPM790.25Veh Speed0.00 mph
Monitor Status
Monitor NameMonitor IconStatusMIL (Check Engine Light)ONMisfire MonitoringCompleteFuel System MonitoringCompleteComprehensive Component MonitoringCompleteCatalyst MonitoringCompleteHeated Catalyst MonitoringNot SupportedEvaporative System MonitoringNot SupportedNMHC MonitoringNot SupportedNOxAdsorber MonitoringNot SupportedSecondary Air System MonitoringNot SupportedOxygen Sensor MonitoringCompleteOxygen Sensor Heater MonitoringNot SupportedEGR System MonitoringNot SupportedBoost Pressure System MonitoringNot SupportedExhaust Gas Sensor MonitoringNot SupportedPM Filter MonitoringNot Supported

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge Stratus Stalls when stopping