Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2004 stratus 2.4L p0339 wont go over 3k rpm intermittently

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 06:55 AM
Matt Bickford
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 stratus 2.4L p0339 wont go over 3k rpm intermittently

Hi guys! As stated i bought this car(167k miles) and changed out the crankshaft sensor and now it still does it,i was ablr to duplicate on the road AND in park in the driveway, i was pressing and pulling on the harness and didnt see any change, it seems to rely on a white wire with black tracer (no wiring diagram so i dont really have a clue), i saw something about the egr valve but.. i didnt see what that had to do with the crankshaft sensor tho, any ideas? I feel like its a wire problem but i cant seem to figure it out

Thanks again all!

Edit: when the check engine light comes on, it wont go over 2k rpms and it has low power, before changing the sensor, it came up with code p0339 (crankshaft sensor circuit intermittent) and p0016 (cam crank correlation) and now it comes up with p0339 and sometimes p0300 (random cyl. Misfire), i have a scan tool and have cleared the code multiple times to try and see if i fixed it (with zip tieing the harness to stuff) and am still having troubles (was hoping to disturb the wires creating the problem)

Quick Reply: 2004 stratus 2.4L p0339 wont go over 3k rpm intermittently