Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Turbo Stratus R/T

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 06:50 PM
X_Spearmint
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: turbo Stratus

There's a black Supra from a few years back that they did a V8 swap in.

Old 01-09-2006, 07:52 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i believe you, but what V8 did they use? was it a TRD engine?

Old 01-09-2006, 08:03 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was a V6 mustang I think it was from mustang forums...do you run that site??

Old 01-09-2006, 08:16 PM
X_Spearmint
Record Breaker
Default RE: Turbo Stratus R/T

It was a Lexus V8. Have you seen the 2jz Celicas?

Old 01-09-2006, 08:30 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

yes i run MF, and i have seen A 2jz celica...

Old 01-09-2006, 10:38 PM
X_Spearmint
Record Breaker

well have you seen this Celica?

Driver Brad Personett
Vehicle 2004 Titan Motorsports Toyota Celica
Where Seen NHRA Sport Compact Pro RWD
NOPI Pro Compact
Career Bests 6.498 ET at Atco, NJ (5/14/05)
217.70* mph at Atco, NJ (5/14/05) * current track record
Garrett GT4718 Turbo

Old 01-10-2006, 07:11 AM
theycallmeebryan

Hey bud, just thought i'd hop in here and give some of my input.

1. Do NOT waste your time boosting the stock motor. The stock pistons are garbage and
the rings and NOT gapped ffor boost. 7psi toal MAX out of the turbos is all you will safely be
able to run. I blew my motor 10psi supercharged, it was brutal. New pistons and rods and im
now running 20-22psi supercharged without any worries.

2. The stock pistons HATE heat. Turbo= heat. Twin turbo= more heat. Save yourself the
aggrivation and atleast get yourself a set of 8.5:1 or 9.0:1 Forged Pistons. You'll thank me later

3. The setup you are describing sounds very interesting. I would like to refer you to a few
links so you can check out how other members have attempted a TT setup. Just a few....

-Kid has money, a shop did all his work.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2200085/1

-Jbasol is the owner of this car- a very knowledgable guy with great insight
http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthre...1&page=1&pp=60

4. I just wanted to clarify something. Im currently using a bunch of 3000gt Parts on my motor.
The high flow fuel rails are a direct bolt on to our motor. The block is EXACTLY the same as the
3000gt. Thus, the VR-4 forged crankshafts will work in our car. I have one in my motor.... the VR-4
rods will fit aswell. Im also using 1mm larger oversized titanium valves made for a VR-4. However,
i wouldnt go with VR-4 Pistons. Get yourself a set of 8.5:1 or 9.0:1 forged pistons from Wiseco or CP
or wherever. Remember.... you can essentially buy a used VR-4 block and fit our SOHC heads onto
them. The reason people "say" that the DOHC heads from a VR-4 fit is not because it doesnt bolt up,
because they do...ive test fitted a pair when my motor was out. However, apparently the rear valve
cover hits the firewall,thus in order to do this kind of swap, modification would have to be done to the
firewall.

5. The 8th generation galant, 3rd generation eclipse, 2nd generation stratus, and 2nd generation sebring
share the same v6 drivetrain. The eclipse is a couple inches shorter than the stratus, and the sebring is
the EXACT same car with different body panels.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

Old 01-10-2006, 01:27 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

bryan, did you get any pictures yet?

x-spear, i did see that car run...but i never saw it with the skin off...and i believe that they have a new paint scheme

[IMG]local://upfiles/2745/6C853D57082B43519E1564F6E17DB185.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2745/0A887C3B296E488DA581B26DD8ED2C9E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2745/7FE1010346AF4713BD28169AAED9C83E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-10-2006, 08:16 PM
X_Spearmint
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: theycallmeebryan

Hey bud, just thought i'd hop in here and give some of my input.

1. Do NOT waste your time boosting the stock motor. The stock pistons are garbage and
the rings and NOT gapped ffor boost. 7psi toal MAX out of the turbos is all you will safely be
able to run. I blew my motor 10psi supercharged, it was brutal. New pistons and rods and im
now running 20-22psi supercharged without any worries.

2. The stock pistons HATE heat. Turbo= heat. Twin turbo= more heat. Save yourself the
aggrivation and atleast get yourself a set of 8.5:1 or 9.0:1 Forged Pistons. You'll thank me later

3. The setup you are describing sounds very interesting. I would like to refer you to a few
links so you can check out how other members have attempted a TT setup. Just a few....

-Kid has money, a shop did all his work.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2200085/1

-Jbasol is the owner of this car- a very knowledgable guy with great insight
http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthre...1&page=1&pp=60

4. I just wanted to clarify something. Im currently using a bunch of 3000gt Parts on my motor.
The high flow fuel rails are a direct bolt on to our motor. The block is EXACTLY the same as the
3000gt. Thus, the VR-4 forged crankshafts will work in our car. I have one in my motor.... the VR-4
rods will fit aswell. Im also using 1mm larger oversized titanium valves made for a VR-4. However,
i wouldnt go with VR-4 Pistons. Get yourself a set of 8.5:1 or 9.0:1 forged pistons from Wiseco or CP
or wherever. Remember.... you can essentially buy a used VR-4 block and fit our SOHC heads onto
them. The reason people "say" that the DOHC heads from a VR-4 fit is not because it doesnt bolt up,
because they do...ive test fitted a pair when my motor was out. However, apparently the rear valve
cover hits the firewall,thus in order to do this kind of swap, modification would have to be done to the
firewall.

5. The 8th generation galant, 3rd generation eclipse, 2nd generation stratus, and 2nd generation sebring
share the same v6 drivetrain. The eclipse is a couple inches shorter than the stratus, and the sebring is
the EXACT same car with different body panels.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

Dude, I already knew almost everything you just said. I'm on the mitsubishi forums like crazy where pat is also a mod. However the rods in a vr-4 are exactly the same as the ones in the stratus. The issue is the piston. I was already planning on redoing the bottom end as was already mentioned in this thread. I'm only looking at running 7psi through it to begin with as that's what the internal wastegate is set to. Also if you reread you'll notice I'm not looking to build it as a twin turbo, it's a dual turbo setup, I'm sure you know there is a difference. As far as heat goes I'm well aware of that issue, I plan to use thermowrap and cooling products extensively(charge cooler, oil cooler, etc). I've looked into everything from back pressure to ambient air intake.

I'm fairly certain I can build a performance ride as 2 of my former cars were a QR25DE powered '99 Alty and a 230hp all-motor '94 Celica ST, however I did not know the reasoning for the vr-4 heads not fitting. Thanks for clearing that up. I might look into swapping those. What is it about the vr-4 pistons that you don't like?

Old 06-08-2007, 02:28 AM
ds06
Professional
Default RE: turbo manifold

X, where did you find that turbo kit, I clicked on your link, but it did not work. I could not find that kit on the website. Thank. Ohh, btw, sorry for dragging up such an old thread

Quick Reply: Turbo Stratus R/T