Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Turbo Stratus R/T

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 02:02 PM
X_Spearmint
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: turbo Stratus

Sorry for the double post.
I wanted to get your thoughts on dropping VR4 pistons, rods, and rings on the stratus. According to the mistubishi guys they'll fit. Good or bad idea?

Old 12-30-2005, 03:19 PM
rdross22
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man thats Awsome. I went to the site and read all the specs about it. are you going to put it in yourself or a pro? My buddy tried putting that one on his eclipse but half way through got stuck like chuck. Do you have all the other mods to intall it?

Old 12-30-2005, 08:53 PM
X_Spearmint
Record Breaker

I actually won't be getting the kit, because I already have a couple of Garrett T3's. Why pay that much for a kit that includes a turbo you don't need? That and I'm going twin turbo. If I wanted to run an insane amount of boost I'd go single, but as I'm not....

Old 01-08-2006, 08:18 PM
X_Spearmint
Record Breaker

Well I think I've decided on how I'm going to do this. I'm thinking Dual Turbo setup. I'm sure this is going to get quite expensive. I think I want to use water-air chargecoolers instead of the typical air-air intercoolers as it is a dual setup. it'll be interesting getting 2 intake manifolds made for it. I'm thinking of a functional hood scoop to ensure that both turbos get the same amount of air as well. Just wanted to put that out there and get your thoughts on it.

Old 01-08-2006, 11:51 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Hood scoop isnt really goin to help your ambient air intake as much on the compressor wheel ...your best bet is to get an intake piece on the turbo and let your intercooler do the work its s'posed to. Good luck on the turbocharging process...being that its custom like mine its goin to be fun! LOL

[IMG]local://upfiles/15699/F968CC3A9D034A8CA761CA08E200BC1F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15699/53EE16C9C3C246E3A3240841AA387A6E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-09-2006, 01:17 AM
X_Spearmint
Record Breaker

I should've elaborated on the hood scoop, it's not really to increase ambient air flow it's going to be used more to help maintain a balanced airflow through each turbo, that way both get the same amount. Remember, I'm going for dual turbo, not twin. And I'm looking at using a charge cooler for the same reason as the hood scoop, to maintain balance, so instead of being air cooled I'm looking at water cooled, much easier to ensure a balanced cooling system.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:47 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

your goin for inline? WOW...The only other inline Ive ever seen is on a GSR integra and that thing was smokin fast...it was trailored in @ a restaraunt here ran high 8s low 9s...were you doin internal upgrades? WOW thats just awesome if you can do that to a strat that would be one hell of an accomplishment. Were you mimicing any certain car w/ this same setup or just thought of doin this yourself?

Old 01-09-2006, 05:50 PM
X_Spearmint
Record Breaker

I've seen it on a V8 Turbonetics Supra and a couple V6's. And I'm running them Parrellel not inline. One turbo for cylinders 1-3-5 and one for 2-4-6.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:54 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

wow I bet that will still kick out some HPs...I hope you get it done by spring so I can start seeing it out in summer events...Ill be autocrossing in flint this spring when I get my car done...

Old 01-09-2006, 06:01 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the turbonetics supra that i saw was a 2jz...what v8 was the car that you saw using?
highrever, what is that turbo setup that you showed, on?

Quick Reply: Turbo Stratus R/T