Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5Lwon't Start

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2024, 02:40 AM
RM-D150
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5Lwon't Start

the Latest on this Project for me is that Wow there were only three bolts holding on a cover to look at the rubber timing belt. I could not find any really good youtube videos on how to check the timing belt. Anyway with help of Brother I took off the bolts and boy the belt all craked and everything stillMay not have slipped I HOPE.. The timing belt seems really Tight. So I think that I will continue to try to get it started but now I know that whatever it will have to haave the timeing belt replaced and I will have to do the work myself as it seems like a huge job and that it would cost a lot of money I don't have right now to find a shop to doit for me. So with that said Do you know of any good Videos on how to replace timing belt on the 1999 Dodge Stratus Es V6 2.5 L. As far as trying to fix the problem with car not starting we I think the Plugs are not getting Sparl, I took out all of the relays for the ASD Starter and Lo and High Fan for radiator and tried to test them and Tjhe Relays seem to be Working SOIam thinking now it it time to start to plan ongetting to the Distributor. I found a recent video that the man took off the big Plentum on top of the engine above the valve covers (I do not know if that is good idea or not When I replaced the Distributor Around a year ago I did not take the plentum off and yes it seemed like a huge job with many pictures and the help of my Brother whom has very much Mechanical knowledge and experience and TOOLS

Old 06-22-2024, 02:44 AM
RM-D150
Amateur
Default Gemini AI input on this project

So I asked the Google Gemini AI to revise the above post and Gemini told me that I need to replace the Belt First But I do not know if the ploblem with the spark is just the distributor or something more expensive or more harder to fix.so my plan is get it starting then replace timing belt is that too dangerous

Old Today, 01:20 AM
RM-D150
Amateur
Default Got Car running.

Well I only got repies from myself I guess soe people looked at the post

Quick Reply: 1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5Lwon't Start