Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

A/C NOt working

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006 | 07:04 AM
Scamz
|
Default A/C NOt working

My A/c was working fine all day, i get out of work stop at the store go back in my car and the A/c stoped working. IT is just blowing out hot air. The fan controll where you push to thurn the a/c on and off keeps blinking. ANy ideas what this means. IF anyone does know wats wrong wat kind of price am i lookin at to get it fixed. Some please help hoepfully its omething small i can do myself

Old 06-24-2006 | 11:21 AM
Scamz
|
Default RE: A/C NOt working

by the way it is a 2001 stratus r/t

Old 06-24-2006 | 12:43 PM
tomthedog
Captain

might be low on the r134, the low press switch keeps the compressor form comming on and getting fubared. 1st thing is to check to make sure your compressor is good. if you can spin the middle part of the a/c pully by hand you know your compressor is not siezed. you can get a recharge kit at the local auto parts store and try adding more r134. you might have to put a jumper wire on the low press switch. follow the bigger a/c line till you see a 2 wire lead going in, discon lead and bridge it to get the compresssor to come on. the kit i got cost about $30. follow the directions not hard to do at all.

make sure you get the r134 with oil.

might also be your a/c relay, pretty cheap. you can try to bridge the low pressure switch 1st, but don't run the a/c more than 15-20sec if it comes on as you WILL fry your compressor with low r134.

if it is low on r134 start looking for hole in your condesor core as your car, i my point of view is too new to have the a/c go out. hope this helps, good luck.

Old 06-24-2006 | 02:28 PM
rjm30073

Just had same problem last week. My problem was the solder joints on the connector of the control panel. I have a Stratus 2001 sedan but the control panel should be the same. The face plate fro the control panel just pops off. When I resoldered the air worked fine.

Old 06-25-2006 | 07:23 AM
Scamz
|

HYe thanx for all of your help, i went in my car today and it worked just fine all day. Im in jersey and it has been raining alot, i might have driven througha big puddle and froze up the lines or something. Its all good now though thanx

Old 06-28-2006 | 01:12 PM
rjm30073

If it stops working again pull off the control panel and resolder the connectors on the back of the circuit board. It is not a freon problem if it is working now. Bad connection is most likely.

Old 06-29-2006 | 05:55 PM
nathan24

your lucky you didnt go ahead and replace your a/c my grandmother just did that and it ended up just being a bad connection.

Quick Reply: A/C NOt working