Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

stupid stupid people

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006 | 12:59 AM
muhl5443
|
Rookie
Default stupid stupid people

ok so on Sat. i found a coupon for $19.99 for an A/C performance check.... so i called them and madew an appointment for 7 am on Mon. then i asked them how long it would take for them to look at it and get back to me to tell me what is wrong with my A/C..( cause i have never ahd cold air) so i droppe dthe car off at 7 am and walked the block to work.... so at 940 am i still have not heared anything from them so i decided to call themand see what was going on with my car.... the told me thatmy SHRADER valves on both of my high and low pressure a/c lines were bad and that that was why i wasn't getting cold air..... they were telling that they were about $6.00 a piece but the MANAGER wasn't sure on what they cost.. he had to wait for there parts runner to go and get the valves and bring them back before he could tell me the exact price on them... so i told him that he needed to call me before installing the new valves and tell me the exact price before he could install them he then proceeds to tell me that they will recharge my system once the new valves are in ( mind you i haven't authorized any of this work) so then i asked him what they would charge me to recharge my a/c system he then tells me that it would be $135 and itold him to forrget and quit touchig my car.... so then i proceeded to go and pick up my car at 1230 pm and when i get there my car has the drivers side window rollded down and i ask the manager why my window is rolled down and he tells me so that my keys cant get locked in my car while its in the shop... ok so thats understandable but my car was in there parking lot that way... then the ****** lost my car keys...

so the lesson of the week is to stay away from TIRES PLUS

Old 06-28-2006 | 04:33 PM
dodgedlr
Veteran
Default RE: stupid stupid people

Lost your keys...LOL

But at least its just the valves, not a compressor or evaperator.

Old 06-28-2006 | 07:10 PM
tomthedog
Captain

go to your local parts store and get a a/c recharge kit for $40. the valves can go bad BUT that's why they have caps on them. call around to see if you can get a quote to vac out your a/c. if it can hold a vac then you know it is you valve/s. not sure about your car but you may be able to change the valves out yourself, or just get new caps! good luck.

Old 06-29-2006 | 05:35 PM
nathan24

They lost your keys...That sucks...my mom had a coupon for a oil change and they stuck her key into another car and broke it in two

Old 06-29-2006 | 06:06 PM
muhl5443
|
Rookie

yeah the ****** lost my damn keys!!!!!! that sucks that they broke her key in another vehicle.... i did buy the valves and changed them out myself..... i alreadty have all the stuff to recharege my system... so i weent to add the oila nd it took the can then i went to addd the refrigerant and it took a half can... wtf is going on here it should hold about 2 lbs. if im not mistaken. so then it just blows very freakin hot air out at me when i sit down in the car... i have beenn doing a lot of research now and i have found out that now my compressor is bad.. so i figured im gunna save my pennies and just install a whole new a/c system myself.... i can get everythhing brand new for about $1100 install it myself and then take to mids or precision tune and have them recharge the system... so all together i will be spending $1250.

Quick Reply: stupid stupid people