Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2006 Stratus Remote Keyless Entry Programming ANSWER!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 02:17 AM
broryda
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Stratus Remote Keyless Entry Programming ANSWER!

Just bought a used 2006 Dodge Stratus SXT sedan with 8,500 miles from a dealer for a steal! I'm new to the Dodge community, and I was wonderig if anyone knows how to program the RKE transmitter for it. I've got (2) remotes, and one is programmed already. I read somewhere that the newer RKE rremotes can be programmed by another existing remote using a "learn" function...any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!!!

EDIT

I decided to do as much research as I could to find out how to do this...especially after the Dodge dealership told me they would charge me $35 bucks to do what took me only 20 seconds to do. BIG F**K YOU AND A MIDDLE FINGER TO DEALERSHIPS!!!

I FOUND THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PROGRAM THE REMOTE FOR THE 2006 STRATUS IN THE OWNER'S MANUAL, WHICH MAY ALSO WORK FOR EARLIER YEARS ON THE SAME RKE TRANSMITTER.

1. With the vehicle in park, turn the iginition switch to the ON/RUN position.

2. Using the working programmed remote, press and hold the UNLOCK button for at least 4 seconds but no longer than 10 seconds. Continue to hold the UNLOCK button and press and hold the PANIC button for at least 1 second. Release both buttons simultaneously. You will hear a chime to signal that you can proceed with programming the new transmitter.

3. On the new remote, press and release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously, followed by a press and release of ANY button on the new remote. You will hear a chime when this is done successfully *Keep in mind that you have 30 seconds to finish programming any additional remotes, and that the working remote transmitter you used to start the programming with will also have to be re-programmed within this same step (due to a new code being assigned from the vehicles brain), so be sure to REPEAT STEP 3 for the original remote that was already working.

AND THERE YOU GO!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:58 PM
joe h
Default programming keyless remote w/ no working remote

just purchased a 2006 dodge stratus and the dealer only had one regular key. they gave me a dodge keyless remote but it wasnt programmed.
how do i program the keyless remote when i dont have one that is working? thanks

Old 10-15-2011, 03:05 PM
dpsamuel
Default this damn keyless remote

I bought a keyless remote and dont know how to program it! i dont have a working one so now what do i do. Oh my car is a 2005 dodge stratus

Old 10-15-2011, 03:52 PM
BillS
Captain

since you don't have a working remote it has to be done at dealer. once you get a working remote you can program additional units.
  1. Turn ignition to the RUN position (allow ignition chimes to stop).
  2. Using any original (working) transmitter, press the UNLOCK button for 4 to 10 seconds.
  3. Within the specified 4 to 10 seconds, continue pressing the UNLOCK button and press the PANIC button for 1 second, and release both buttons. A chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for chime to sound).
  4. Press LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 1 second and release.
  5. Press and release any button on the same transmitter and a chime will sound after successfully programming the transmitter.
  6. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to program additional transmitters.
  7. Turn ignition to the OFF position. Transmitter programming mode will discontinue after 60 seconds . All transmitter programming must be completed within time specified

Quick Reply: 2006 Stratus Remote Keyless Entry Programming ANSWER!