Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

I need answeres if possible

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006 | 06:37 AM
NyBooBoo78
Default I need answeres if possible

Hello everyone. Let me start by introducing myself, my name is NyBooBoo.
I'm new 2 the forum, also I've been reading some forums that people wrote. My car is a black 2006 stratus sxt, 2.4 - Liter, Dohc, 16 valves, 4 cylinders if I'm correct. I've been looking around all over net for performance products. I've found a few that may carry products for the car, havent found much right now. one question that I've seen that has been ask quite frequently is "what kinda look or performance." N how much money.

I'm going for a sleeper look to it. Right now I have 20% tints, 18 inch chrome rims, H.I.D head lights conversiton kit, n A Viper alarm with automatic starter. Hopefully in a about 2-3 weeks i will have asystem installed. (I just got a camara so as soon i learn how to use it n plug it in 2 the comp. i will post them up). I will take picturs of my babyaftrer the system gets installed. The problem that i have is that i do understand that all these mods also carry more weight. For this I still want 2 mod the engine. I've read that its got 2 do something with a mistu. engine. is it a mistake? if so please correct me. I'm going for 200 horse power or maybe alittle more just a little extra kick to it. also it depends what products 2 put on. Im trying to do it in the right way. So knowing this i want to see wich path 2 take for example a turbo or not, supercharge if they make, lightweight fenders, hoods, etc....

I have a few dollars that i can play with so im trying get good parts that really make a statement. I do unterstand that changing parts include changing more parts n paying for labor so that it works will together for the car. can Everyone give their opinions if possible. Any info will be taken into consideration. Has anyone had a group buy? for this car if so please let me know, so basically any type of product made for this car , or info, or group buys, i would like to know so i can start getting into it. thank u 2 anyone who replies n i hope i can meet a few peoples from around the way. once again thank u n a penny for ur thoughts.

Old 07-02-2006 | 06:59 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: I need answeres if possible

I'm going to assume that you have a 2006 Stratus SXT sedan correct? Those cars came with the Chrysler 2.4L motor. The coupes came with the Mitsu motors....

The 2.4L Chrysler motor is the same one that's used in the SRT-4. Just some minor parts differences plus the turbo. There are some mods you can do with it.....it's not too bad actually.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the car!

Old 07-02-2006 | 11:52 PM
20dodge04
Default RE: I need answeres if possible

I have an 04 Stratus R/T sedan, with the 2.7. It has 200 hp stock. It's not wicked fast, but it's fast enough. I would shoot for 220-230. That way, you can beat alot of cars out there, espiacally a 05-06 mustang V6.

Quick Reply: I need answeres if possible