Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

changing battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 04:40 PM
tommyboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing battery

I have a 01 stratus r/t and had a battery go bad after 2 years! I replaced the battary and now it will run fine but when i stop the car dies! Is there a computer reset procedure? Please help!!

Old 08-28-2006, 05:35 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: changing battery

my battery went bad late last year...but i didnt have any problems afterwards...any check engine light?

Old 08-28-2006, 05:42 PM
tommyboy

yes, autozone told me it was an o2 sensor and shouldn't hurt much of anything. someone told me that i need to put car in Neurtral and set a 2k rpm's for almost 10 minutes for the computer to reset. Does that make sense to you?

Old 08-28-2006, 07:24 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive never heard that...my battery was dead for three or four months, and i didnt have to reset anything.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:30 AM
tomthedog
Captain

have charging sys checked. it may be overcharging the batt and frying it. it MAY be just a bad batt, i've had 1 or 2 right off the shelf. they work okay when they want to, just not all the time. if the warrenty is still good take that puppy back, change it out and see whats up.

the charging sys SHOULD run at about 13.5-14 volts right after starting. after a min or2 it should drop down to about 12.5-13v. when cranking the batt shouldn't drop below 10v(means its not holding a charge).

to me it sound like the pcm/ignition needs more power. if batt is ok look for bad wires. good luck.

Quick Reply: changing battery