Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Changing the battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 04:44 PM
contriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing the battery

1) Has anyone had any luck having a garage other than the dealer change out the battery? (The dealer wants $58 just for labor to do it.)

2) How tough is it to do this yourself. It sounds pretty ridiculas to even ask the question, but I've never changed a battery that is located inside the wheel well. Are there any parts that ussually get corroded and need to be replaced and such? I don't want to spend hours on doing this. If its a pain, I'll just pay someone.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:07 PM
dajman2190
Default RE: Changing the battery

its not hard.. just turn the wheel as far as you can left or right.. probly easier if you did it to the right. take the old battery out and put the new battery in, i used to have a 96 stratus and i changed it myself wasnt hard, theres also directions in your manual

Old 11-20-2006, 01:13 PM
cloudcar_racer
Default RE: Changing the battery

Lol, don't pay someone to do it. It's not difficult to do. It only takes a few minutes.

I hated having to go through that procedure whenever the battery went out so I had my battery relocated it to the rear. I've been runnin an Optima Yellow in my Strat for about five months now.

Quick Reply: Changing the battery