Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Fan Not Blowing on #1 Only

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 03:09 AM
2001Stratus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan Not Blowing on #1 Only

The fan on my girlfriend's 2001 Stratus isn't blowing on option 1. Every other number works fine. I drive a '96 Ford Crown Victoria, and the same thing happened to me. The fix was easy - a bad resistor mounted on the firewall. I've only talked to one other Mopar guy about this so far, and he said that he's pretty sure that the electronic fan control unit on the dash has to be replaced. That sounds wrong to me. Can anyone give me a good place to start on this?

Thanks in advance, Brett.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:05 AM
Richards_Keith
Default RE: Fan Not Blowing on #1 Only

Replace the blower motor resistor in any Dodge dealer. They have a new and more reliable resistor available now. Cost is about 100 for labor and parts.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:39 AM
tacoboy
Professional

Had this same problem on my 97 on low and medium speeds. It is the blower motor resistor. Mine is mounted by 2 bolts under the glove compartment. It's easy enough to replace yourself if you're willing to investigate where the module is on your particular model year. I actually fixed mine rather than pay for a new one. Mine had 2 resistors that had separated and I joined them again using butt end connectors I had on hand. It worked and has been holding so far.

taco

Old 12-05-2006, 02:08 AM
deuce

Had the same problem on my 01 stratus-blower motor resistor. Took 30 minutes to replace but had to cut some plastic to fit the new type in. Other than that no biggie.

Quick Reply: Fan Not Blowing on #1 Only