Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

MPG worse than my truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 10:55 PM
socaljoe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MPG worse than my truck

My girlfriend drives a 2006 Stratus SXT 2.4l. I've been noticing that we've been filling the tank more often than we should. I filled up the tank, reset the trip meter and a week later, it's already down to quarter. I went back to the gas station, and I was able to fill it 11 gallons. I checked the trip meter and it only showed 175 miles. Now, 175 miles on 11 gallons of gas is about 16 mpg correct?. Most of the drive is city(90%). I think that is way low for a 4 cyl. vehicle. My '03 lifted truck with a V8 gets better gas mileage on same city trips. Could something be wrong with the car?...any ideas?[&:]

Old 12-03-2006, 09:26 PM
01indigoR/T
Professional
Default RE: MPG worse than my truck

could be a number of things; fuel filter, clogged injectors, bad spark plugs, air filter, a combo of them... but with it being an 06 really makes me wonder though, i would have her take it to a dealer, hopefully there is a warrenty on that car since its new. I have an 01 Stratus R/T 3.0 l with 73000 miles and im getting about 20mpg ish in the city, basically where the car is rated at. something is definatly up with that thing for it to be running that bad.

Old 12-06-2006, 04:54 PM
socaljoe
Default RE: MPG worse than my truck

Well, we dropped off the car at the Dodge dealer last night. I got call from service dept 10min ago and said they could find anything wrong with the car. They scanned it and drove for 4 miles and can't find anything. When I told the service guy about the low gas mileage last night, he replied that that's nothing out of the norm for this vehicle. hmmmm...might have to get some mpg mods

Quick Reply: MPG worse than my truck