Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1999 Stratus NO START - Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 02:45 PM
agood1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Stratus NO START - Electrical

I parked my 99 stratus that has been running fine last night, and came out this morning and it will not start. The battery is fine, but when you turn the ignition on, nothing lights up...all the dash andradio lights are out. When I try to start it, only the BRAKE light on the dash comes on, but nothing else and the starter does not spin. I am sure it is some type of electrical issue, but where do I start? Fuses, fusible links, ignition switch itself?
I am stranded and need to get to work, any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:54 PM
carnut122
Default RE: 1999 Stratus NO START - Electrical

I'm dealing with the same issue on my brother-in-law's car. So far, we've gotten as far as a blown starter fuse. Why it's blowing, I don't know. Have you found the culprit on your car?

Old 02-26-2007, 11:58 AM
agood1
Default RE: 1999 Stratus NO START - Electrical

I also found a blown fuse, and after it was replaced, it started right up. But now I have an issue that every now and then, the car will quit. I have found that it is the same fuse, but it is not blown now, if I wiggle it a little the car will start again. I have to assume it is a poor connection on the fuse....I also assumed (until now) that this poor connection is what caused it to blow. But now that you are having the same problem, I have different concerns.

Quick Reply: 1999 Stratus NO START - Electrical