Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Steering wheel sticks when turning left

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 07:26 PM
32kitten
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel sticks when turning left

I own a 2001 Dodge Stratus and the steering wheel sticks as I'm turning left, then it comes out of sticking as I turn. I'm affraid it will get out of control one day and cause an accident. I recently had the left front tie rod replaced, thinking it would help ( found broke when I had new tires installed) but didn't seem to help. It did stick to the right, but as soon as the tie rod (left one only) was replaced, it seemed to fix it. Help!! What else could be causing the sticking? I noticed it as soon as we got back from Honeymooning from Tennessee in Oct. 2006. Thought because of the steep moutains of driving and parking has put a "toll" on my baby!

Thanks!

Old 01-21-2007, 09:33 PM
nate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Steering wheel sticks when turning left

Could be a drive axle(s) causing this problem. I've seen a few drive axles so wornout that you could not even turn the steering wheel. The only way to check them is to remove them from the hub/knuckle and see if the ends turn smoothly or bind.

If you had a hard impact onthe left frontwheel itmay have bent the steering rack. That would causeit to "stick" on a left turn, but it usually take aincredibly hardimpact to do that.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel sticks when turning left