Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

No sound from rear-left speaker

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:43 AM
haywardstratus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No sound from rear-left speaker

I have a 02 Stratus ES. A while back I realized that my rear-left speaker is mute. I disconnected it today and plugged into the rear-right wire and the speaker works.

I guess the speaker wire or connector went bad.

What do I do now in terms of tracking the problem or installing a new wire from theamp to the speaker?

any clues?
thank you

Old 02-23-2007, 05:43 PM
H.P.fanatic13
Default RE: No sound from rear-left speaker

check the connectors for that speakeroff you head unit. If you gettin power there then go to the wires that actually connect to the speaker. If theres no power there then the wire is bad. which is probably the problem anyway especially if your using the factory wires.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:10 PM
haywardstratus

I'll stop by Kragen to get something to test for presence of current in that wire. Any pointers on how to replace the wire?

thanks

Old 02-24-2007, 10:54 PM
H.P.fanatic13

if you planing on replacing the wire I would just follow the factory wire. Kinda like two birds with one stone thing. as you take out the old wire you lay down the new one. Thats what I would do. Or if you don't want to take out the old wire. You could just run the new wire under panels and the carpet. thats definetly the easier way to do it.

Quick Reply: No sound from rear-left speaker