Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Tranny Swap...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Woobang
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Swap...

As I drive my '01 R/T Coupe more and more I'm not liking the 4 speed auto w/AutoStick. Seem like 4th gear likes to dog out when crusing 55 or less. At these speeds the responce just isnt there unless you get into the pedal far enough to downshift. Its very hard to describe in words but at 55 rpm's are at around 1800-2000 when I press the gas it ramps up to 2100 or so then bogs back down to 1800-2000 with the same amount of pedal (about and inch). Seems like i have to get more than an inch on the pedal before it shifts down. This weekend the dealer is going to replace the trans range sensor but I'm not sure this is the problem. Does any one else notice this? It's a bit annoying as this is the range we all drive in most unless on the freeway.

With this in mind I find myself wishing I had the 5 speed manual. Has anyone ever done a swap? how hard would it be to find parts? Doesanyone make a kit? Is the ECU compatibale?

Quick Reply: Tranny Swap...