Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Rough Idle, P0352 Code 2k Stratus 2L

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:39 PM
bajasoobnut
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Idle, P0352 Code 2k Stratus 2L

This is my inlaws car and it has me baffled. I replaced the Coil pack, plug wires, plugs, and even the PCM just today. Took it down to have the vin and odo flashed and it ran like crap and was running rough at idle like it is misfiring like before I replaced the PCM.

Just am wondering what else could it be, is it a common problem, and hopefuly it isn't too expensive a fix. because of, as I said, it is the inlaws car and they have already dumped alot of money into this issue as it is and they can't afford much else.

I did do the search feature and came up with not much on this code. It also smooths out when at speed and also when accelerating even though there is a lack of power issue going on when trying to accelerate.

Thanks for your time.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:44 PM
sfx_1234
Default RE: Rough Idle, P0352 Code 2k Stratus 2L

Have you done a compression test on it yet? What do the plugs look like? You replaced thecoil pack, plug wires, and cap. Are the wires going to the proper cylinders from the coil pack? Make sure they aren't mixed up or crossed (sounds like you know what your doing) so I doubt that is the case. I'd say start with the basics. Fuel, compression, ignition and go from there.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:51 PM
sfx_1234

Hey on a side note. I've got a question for you. Since your working on the car for them can you test something out for me? My girlfriend has a 2000 2.0L as well and I'm trying to figure out whats going on with the low gas light indicator. It's right next to the BLUE high beam indicator light in the cluster, directly to the right. Can you cycle the key on and off and see if it lights up when going to the on positions and or in ACC. Can you also start it and see if it comes on then. Check out this thread and you'll see what I'm talking about. https://dodgeforum.com/m_737009/tm.htm Thanks!!!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:02 PM
bajasoobnut

Compression Test has not been done yet, the plugs before the PCM was changed looked good, the packs signal was on a constant on instead of the normal on-off-on-off, and it also showed the same exact code before the PCM was changed out, wires are way too simple to not cross over due to the straight forwardness of the layout, the old coil also looked like it overheated due to being constanly discharging and had a big crack over the #3 cyl section of the coilpack

(all this testing is pre PCM change due to parking it at bro in-laws place so he could look at it and also I work graveyard so am actualy about to goto bed too lol)

but here is all that has been done:

Tested plug going to coilpack with a test light to see if it was showing a good signal and side #1 ran perfect and side #2 showed a constant on

ran car for short bit with timing light on #2 and even #3 plug wires and at idle no fire, in acceleration some ignition but not constant, and above idle erratic firing

tested cam sensor and tested fine

tested shutdown relay and tested fine

couldn't exactly find the crank sensor so couldn't really test that

went and got a OBD II scan tool and came up with P0352

replaced coilpack, plugs and wires (plugs looked fine when pulled), and also PCM (not in order of testing, all but PCM were replaced before testing)

drove to dealership for reflash, ran poorly and idled rough, reciept from dealership shows same code as the scan tool said (P0352) and pretty much said Ignition Coil #2 primary circuit active (haynes book and tool say fault instead of active)

Bro in-law has the FSM and hopefuly look into it deeper. I will keep posted for what he finds if anything but just wanted to see if there was a similar problem that someone had with this vehicle.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:12 PM
bajasoobnut

ORIGINAL: sfx_1234

Hey on a side note. I've got a question for you. Since your working on the car for them can you test something out for me? My girlfriend has a 2000 2.0L as well and I'm trying to figure out whats going on with the low gas light indicator. It's right next to the BLUE high beam indicator light in the cluster, directly to the right. Can you cycle the key on and off and see if it lights up when going to the on positions and or in ACC. Can you also start it and see if it comes on then. Check out this thread and you'll see what I'm talking about. https://dodgeforum.com/m_737009/tm.htm Thanks!!!
I have read that one and for the life of me I have never seen that come on. Usualy on the cars that I have driven (even a few DC vehicles) that light doesn't come on until the tank is very low and not when the ign switch is turned onto the on position

Quick Reply: Rough Idle, P0352 Code 2k Stratus 2L