Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Stratus keyless entry remote question

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 08:23 PM
happyrock
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stratus keyless entry remote question

I recently purchased a 2005 Dodge Stratus sedan from the federal government. The car came with only one key and one remote. I had a key made at a local locksmith and ordered a remote from OriginalKeyless.com.Then, I had a similar experience to topside.I got an order confirmation and a shipment confirmation by e-mail. After more than 3 weeks I tried to contact the company. I couldn't get thru on the phone and fax was useless. After multiple e-mails I finally got a canned response. But, the remote did finally arrive and the instructions were simple enough that it only took me two tries before getting the thing programmed. I can't really recommend OriginalKeyless.com but I wouldn't call it a scam either. I got my remote but it took much longer than it should have.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:00 PM
bootleg
Default on a 2005

I just bought this car is a 2005 SXT but the keyless does not work, my question is how do i know if the keyless works (kind of test) or just needs to be programmed. I was watching this post but i really dont know if this 2002 works well on a 2005..

Old 04-27-2010, 08:09 AM
ratsttam
Captain

Some auto parts stores have a "remote tester" that will light up when it received any remote signal. You may just have a dead battery in your remote. Worth the few minutes to test that, as batteries will only run you less than $5

If that did work, it's worth a shot to "reprogram" the remote to the car.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:25 PM
bootleg
Default keyless

I just changed the batteries, and tested the RF and is working. my car was crashed so am supposing i need program it. by any chance some of you guys have the method to program it?

Quick Reply: Stratus keyless entry remote question