Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

Im back and Got a Few Qs

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Big_N_Bad
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im back and Got a Few Qs

Hey,
I had a dodge truck, Anywho I sold it and now I am looking at a 1993-95 viper. I Like them because they have side pipes. And look good, there is a red one with white strips and has 51571 miles on it. Is that to many, If you care to look at it it is on ebay under 1994. Thanks and let me know what you think.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:28 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Im back and Got a Few Qs

I would not buy it without going to look at it.

There is a post just 1 or 2 down about those years.

As for the miles it should be OK in terms of it running. You will certainly have bubbles in the side sills, maybe heat damage to the door jams and with that many miles the rims are probably scratched (curb rash).

Some specific questions on that car should be
Stripes, painted or vinyl, if painted was the entire panels re-cleared after (I bet they are vinyl)
Dash, not stock, get better pics to see the quality of the paint job, from a distance it appears they just painted over the grey fuzzy paint which could be an issue.
Since it does have higher milage ask about the rubber around the rear window and if they still have the top and side curtains.
Brake pads, when replaced (shoudl have been with those miles). They are about $200 a pair.
Head gaskets ever replaced.
How many owners, the fewer the better, if it had a lot I would be leary.

If you can not go look at it ask for up close pics of
Side sills. Take pics of the top of the side sill with the hood open, the side of the sill, red and black portions, look for paint bubbles and dents. You can run the sills into curbs and dent them.
Door jams (base of the jam)
Front facia (I see an additional ground effect/protection thing going on there)
Drivers seat, can not see it in the pics. Look for worn areas.
Behind the rear tires, there will be a few chips with those miles, question is how many.
Should get trunk pics as well.
There are no pics of the passenger side!
Headlights and fog lights, make sure lenses are clear, expensive crap to replace!
Wheels

Items that are not stock from the picsare
Intake tubes
Stripes
Badges (wrong color)
Third brake light cover
Radio
Dash
Hood pad (I like that one though)
Rear bumper insert
Front ground effect

Do you know the reserve?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:39 PM
CarGuyOhio

Here are close up pics of sills. In a perfect world they will look like this. These are mine after I replaced then with fiberglass sills.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15402/4457853E08FD4A81BEF6C8D39C19FF49.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15402/C4132B0D1465489F82DDCD834A82323A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-05-2007, 09:40 PM
CarGuyOhio

[IMG]local://upfiles/15402/808B93C86424495480CF29A54F182784.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15402/428928C90D6B40039275DA34AD2C172F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Big_N_Bad
Professional

Thanks man, I think Im going to get it when it runs out on ebay as I live near them. Also what are some good simple mods that I can do (real good mechanic) ITs not That I cant do it. I am going to drive it almost everyday. So I want safe mods. I was thinking Just replacing the Filters with K&N replacement ones, Headers, And should I Cut off the cat or just cut off the mufflers and leave the cat. Also what were you saying in another post about replacing the intake tubes wiht TBs. what are those. Alsoany other bolt on mods that I should do let me know.Thanks and If im heading in the wrong Direction let me know or evena better way let me know, Thanks Also when I test drive one other than the normal stuff anything paticulary I should look for that you didnt mention in your first post, such as steering or boots anything thanks

BNB

Old 09-07-2007, 09:10 PM
CarGuyOhio

If I recall the car I saw on EBay had smooth tubes already, the chrome ones. Only piece of Chrome under that hood. If you compare to the other GEN I's you will see the difference.

Headers are not to bad on these cars. But for exhast go with the Roe Racing kit. You can get it with or without HF Cats.

Also at Roe the VEC 3 or pickupa used VEC II will give your very nice gains (50+ HP).

If you want the kick in the pants gears, most go 3.55, some do 3.73, but getting traction becomes an issue.

SHIFTER!! I went with the B&M with a MGW ball.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Big_N_Bad
Professional

Thanks man It did not sell off ebay so I am going to look at it, I was thinking If it is all sound see what there asking for it and if it is around 29 then Ill probabley going to take it. What type of headers do you think, Thanks

BNB

Old 09-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Big_N_Bad
Professional

Hey,
How about a bigger throttle body, Smooth tubes, K&N replacement ones, And A set of headers and exhaust kit w/o Cats or even with HF cats and the VEcIII. do you see a prob, wiht this combo. WOuld I have to get it dyno tuned to get it properly running or will The vec do that. Also what size throttle body and would you go with Cats from roe. And do you have a sound clip f your exhaust Thanks again

BNB

Old 09-12-2007, 07:15 PM
CarGuyOhio

ORIGINAL: Big_N_Bad

Hey,
How about a bigger throttle body, Smooth tubes, K&N replacement ones, And A set of headers and exhaust kit w/o Cats or even with HF cats and the VEcIII. do you see a prob, wiht this combo. WOuld I have to get it dyno tuned to get it properly running or will The vec do that. Also what size throttle body and would you go with Cats from roe. And do you have a sound clip f your exhaust Thanks again

BNB
I would not worry about bigger TB's unless you go forced induction. Other than that go for that stuff. Already had the tubes on the car.

http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart...p;idproduct=33

Sorry, no clips of my exhasut, I had some but lost em. If you go catless it will smell pretty bad, keep in mind it shoots out right beside you.

The VEC 3 is all you need with those mods. Roe will set you up with plugin chips for the VEC 3 to verying levels of performance.

B&B or Belanger headers would be my choice.

I just dug out my install guide for the Roe exhaust.

Remove the sills

1. Hit the rusty screws on the clamp that holds the turn down on your existing muffler, this needs to come off in order to get the bolts out on the muffler hanger.

2. Remove both bolts on the muffler hanger.

3. Saws-all.... Cut the stock exhaust off in front of the cats right by the weld.

4. Use heavy sandpaper or a small rotatary tool to grind the rust off the pipe remaining.

5. Put some lube, I used WD-40, on the pipe you just cleaned.

6. Slide on the exhaust and clamp it down!!

7. On the old exhaust will be a piece of rubber you will need to use when mounting the new muffler onto the car. You will need to take the saws-all again to cut some nipples off the stock muffler in order to get the rubber off.

8. Slide the rubber onto the new muffler hanger and bolt up to the car.

9. Install and align the turn down. You will need to slide the sills on to align them. If Roe does not do it polish the turn down first, it is stainless steel.

Reinstall the sills.

It is litterally that simple! From what Roe told me if you have a 92 or 93 some welding is required.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Big_N_Bad
Professional

Hey 94 appreciate all the help man, I am aiming at 75-100 more than stock HP on this viper, Do you think that is possible with the above stated mods. I believe so the way I figure it is atleast 30 for the complete exhaust(headers back Do you think I would notice a big difference in power BEtween no cats and HF cats that are in the kit) and at least 15 with the tubes and Filters and atleast 30 from the vec with proper spec programmed into it. Also FMI how much HPdid the 94 r/10 coome iwht stock. Thanks again man

BNB

Quick Reply: Im back and Got a Few Qs