Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

94 viper fuel odor from rear.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:48 AM
94 srt10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 viper fuel odor from rear.

Hi, I just picked an beautifeul red 94 Viper in Florida. The car sat for a few years due to the owners health and condition, he is over 70 and owned the car since 62. He worked with Carrol Shelby in the days but unfortunately his health took a nose dive and he now has a terminal illenss. I almost felt like backing out of the deal because of his misfortune,but he assured me that the car sale was ok with him and he let it go. Anyways, after a 4 hour drive home I parked the car and noticed a gas smell from the rear. It does not leak but the smell is strong. I filled the tank just before parking it. Is this normal with these cars or do I have a problem? The fuel pump was changed out and injectors cleaned as well as the battery and fluids.
Thanks,
George

Old 04-12-2008, 10:34 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 94 viper fuel odor from rear.

No that is not normal. I have no gas smell. The exhasutsmell is bad though, however I have highflow cats.

Quick Reply: 94 viper fuel odor from rear.