Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

Viper Coupe takes on C6 Z06 & Ford GT at Gingerman

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 02:23 PM
mopar2ya
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Viper Coupe takes on C6 Z06 & Ford GT at Gingerman

The Corvette in both magazine tests beat the Viper to 60, 1/4 mile and top end, braking, the faster they went the more the Vette beat it. It out top eneded the Viper by 9 mph. And to answer the rediculous statement of if you like the Vette so much go to the Vette forums, is well stupid. That attitude is blind to the fact that Viper needs to get in gear, they have more cubic inches, now put some multivalves on it, get the redline up another 1000 rpm, make the same h.p. per cu in as the Vette and you will own the road. Im a Mopar guy PERIOD, but when my brand starts slipping I point it out, not just give them a pass because its a Dodge.

Old 11-06-2005, 02:43 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Also.....is it just me...or does DCX always keep seeming to say....wait til this year....or wait till next year? I mean, they have done that alot lately...
Wait until 2007. . Sales have been going on for over ten years straight, they didn't just stop Viper production for absolutely no reason. First off the coupes available now will be a collectors item. Next, the new Viper will dominate and sales will rise. It's a win win situation. If they just continued, the coupe would lose interest and potential customers would either wait until 07' or just buy a Vette.

It out top eneded the Viper by 9 mph.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but the Viper is governed. It can go much faster then the Vette.

attitude is blind to the fact that Viper needs to get in gear
Ofcourse it does. And not just with a bigger power supply. It needs standard traction control, less weight, side airbags, better aerodynamics, and a better interior...or atleast make the better interior an option.

-Matt-

Old 11-09-2005, 07:19 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

hell the chrysler guys said the ACR had a top speed of 207 98-99 so i could def see top speed being much higher...

Old 11-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Matt, I wouldn't worry to much about improved interior...

Old 11-10-2005, 01:29 AM
lblackneon
Champion

Dodge needs to hurry up and come out with a Viper ACR to spank on the upgraded ZO6. I saw a concept Carbon fiber Viper ACR with about 625 hp but, they haven't done anything with it[&:].

Old 11-10-2005, 05:59 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Dodge needs to hurry up and come out with a Viper ACR to spank on the upgraded ZO6.
The coupe just came out and Dodge would likely have limited production numbers, but I agree with you.

-Matt-

Old 11-10-2005, 07:46 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not entirely true. When the Viper was upgraded to 450 hp. in '97, the Vette never was able to catch up. This was the first time in around eight to nine years that the Vette was able to outrun the Viper.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Exactly right, 97 3.5 Intrepid...

ORIGINAL: lblackneon

Dodge needs to hurry up and come out with a Viper ACR to spank on the upgraded ZO6. I saw a concept Carbon fiber Viper ACR with about 625 hp but, they haven't done anything with it[&:].
An ACR version with carbon fiber would probably take care of it. No need for the 625 hp. 525 hp would satisfy me, then again, 510 hp already would satisfy me.

Old 12-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Rome sky
Rookie

Yes
All the times are off a little bit, but you have to take into account track temp. press., and how much they are above sea level. The over all times I think are pretty close but 0-60 times are a little slow. Oh and every test that I have read about the 2006 viper has the same 190 top speed.

Old 12-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Rome sky
Rookie

Wow
This artical shows something very interesting. The lap times between the Ford GT and the ZO6 are pretty close. In ever test they have the GT beating the ZO6, but it's pretty close here. I love seeing two closely matched cars going at it.

Quick Reply: Viper Coupe takes on C6 Z06 & Ford GT at Gingerman