Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

VIPER IS FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 04:12 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VIPER IS FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD!!!

ORIGINAL: Midnight

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

Aye that it does.....

But what really kills me is the fact that these cars need all this HP to go a whopping 1-2mph faster then the 880hp Sledgehammer Corvette TT........that's 20 years old!
Can you call the Sledgehammer stock?

The Hennessey Viper is THE fastest regardless of stock or not. STREET LEGAL are the key words here. But yeah, anything to take away from the Viper.
Ummm, the Bugatti is the fastest production car in the world.....that's all my comment regarding stock was.....that in order to be considered the fastest production vehicle you have to meet a certain criteria.....and the Hennessey Viper doesnt...

The Sledgehammer AND Hennessey are so far from stock its ridiculous...

And if you'll read my comment and think about it Chase.....the Viper isnt all that impressive.... 120hp more, and about 300ftlbs of torque more......and yet it went a whopping 1 mph faster.....not something to brag about....in any regard.....especially considering the car it beat was built 20 yrs ago....

It's not a bash on the Viper, but this car simply doesnt impress me.....now, if the stock Viper had this as a top option....then whew....talk about impressive...

There's also one car that hasnt tried to make the list of top supercars as well......the LP640 Murcielago.....I'd be interested to see where that stands in this list...

Old 03-22-2007, 05:49 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Henn. Viper: Fastest street legal car in the world...

Hmm, if IHennessey built a car made for top speed, I'm sure they could do the same.

Did you know that there is only ONE Callaway Sledgehammer? It could be reproduced for $400,000. The lone Sledgehammer will cost you more than that. The car set the top speedrecord onOct 19, 1989 reaching 254.76 mph.Thecar was driven by John Lingenfelter.

Henn. Viper: $225,000
Sledgehammer: $400,000

Cheaper, faster, street legal, actually looks good... I think it's a little to brag about.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:50 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Henn. Viper: Fastest street legal car in the world...

Hmm, if IHennessey built a car made for top speed, I'm sure they could do the same.

Did you know that there is only ONE Callaway Sledgehammer? It could be reproduced for $400,000. The lone Sledgehammer will cost you more than that. The car set the top speedrecord onOct 19, 1989 reaching 254.76 mph.Thecar was driven by John Lingenfelter.

Henn. Viper: $225,000
Sledgehammer: $400,000

Cheaper, faster, street legal, actually looks good... I think it's a little to brag about.
Chase that reproduction cost was almost 20 yrs ago.....you dont think they couldnt do it cheaper now? C'mon think about it...

Old 03-31-2007, 08:44 PM
Hemi_guy

So I'm assuming the viper used is on 06' since there are no 07' Vipers in existence. So it's an 07' Hennessy upgrade, but on an 06' viper right?

Old 04-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

It could be reproduced for $400,000.
Chase that reproduction cost was almost 20 yrs ago.....you dont think they couldnt do it cheaper now? C'mon think about it...
No, the fact that they would be able to reproduce for 400 grand was mentioned recently, not back then.

Quick Reply: VIPER IS FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD!!!