North Carolina Dodge Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:39 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

neighborhood politics! almost as bad as forum politics LOL!!

Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol, yeah. They have a rule again non-functioning vehicles outside at your house to keep up appearances, I guess. I have half a mind to **** them off (after the Dodge is done) by pulling the beds off both my trucks. They'd love the looks of that, but theres nothing they could do cause they would be two functioning, street legal, fully registered vehicles. I mean you can go to a dealership and buy a "cab and chassis" version of a heavy duty truck. :P

Old 07-09-2010, 10:17 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you are such a trouble maker!!

Old 07-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 95_318SLT
Lol, yeah. They have a rule again non-functioning vehicles outside at your house to keep up appearances, I guess. I have half a mind to **** them off (after the Dodge is done) by pulling the beds off both my trucks. They'd love the looks of that, but theres nothing they could do cause they would be two functioning, street legal, fully registered vehicles. I mean you can go to a dealership and buy a "cab and chassis" version of a heavy duty truck. :P
That sounds like something I would do.
Go the extra mile and put a big southern cross on the back windows of them.

Couldn't you just put a cover on it to shut them up?

Old 07-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and this is why i love living in the middle of nowhere, there are those "laws" here too, but nobody is gonna come out here to inforce it, boat is sitting on the side of the house, and there used do be two nonfunctioning cars on the other side

if someone tried to come out and inforce it here, they would get laughed at the first time for being so stuck up, then a gun pointed at them the second time lol

Old 07-10-2010, 05:10 AM
southernbnb
Captain

thats why i will never ever live in a HOA neighborhood!!! damn that noise!!! i work to hard to pay for what i have for some blue blood, snot nosed, scum sucker to tell me what im gonna do with it!!!! i will live in my truck before i will put up with that crap!

Old 07-10-2010, 06:21 AM
95_318SLT
Champion

Originally Posted by southernbnb
thats why i will never ever live in a HOA neighborhood!!! damn that noise!!! i work to hard to pay for what i have for some blue blood, snot nosed, scum sucker to tell me what im gonna do with it!!!! i will live in my truck before i will put up with that crap!
I hear ya 100%. But until I finish college, I'm living at home, so at least free room and board is worth putting up with them. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to do everything I can to **** them off cause they just got on my last nerve. I mean how would they like it if I tried to put an end to their hobbies... oh wait, they can't possibly have any or they'd have better things to do than walking around the neighborhood finding stuff to bitch about.

But let me tell you the stupidest part of the whole thing... I got the second letter probably about a month ago. It basically said to finish the truck or tow it away and quoted the rule about not having a non-functioning vehicle. At the time I got that letter, there were about 10 jackstands under the truck, and it was more than obvious it was a project. So I did enough work to it to get it down to 2 jackstands holding the front up because the front axle is in the garage still getting the inner knuckles turned. I did put the front tires in place to make it look from a distance like it was a functioning vehicle. I heard nothing from them after that, so I could logically assume that they found it to be acceptable. Well then I was out there one day and the lady that owns the house door (she rents it and the tenant's lease just ran out) asked me what I was working on, so I told her, and she said something to the effect of "hmm, that could be a problem if you have that there while I'm trying to show the house". So I told her I'd try to get it done, but then the heat waves started and I haven't wanted to go out to work on it. I mean really... who wants to work in that heat unless you are getting paid a lot of money to do so!!! Well this current letter says that someone complained about it, and I bet its that stupid lady next door. So I'm not sure I can give 100% blame to the HOA, but it makes me feel better to blame them, cause if I put all the blame on her, I might go burn her house down for screwing me. At least that way she wouldn't have to worry about my truck being an "eye sore."

(BTW, I'm just kidding about burning her house down... I'm not a sadistic pyromaniac, nor am I that vengeful!)

Last edited by 95_318SLT; 07-10-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You could make and anonymous complaint about stupid stuff like her grass being too long or if she leaves something outside or something else petty like that just to get back at her. I'm just sayin...

Now how about if you bolt the wheels back on the axles instead of just resting them against it? That would make it look functional.

That type of thing would make be want to break some necks, I feel for ya.

And whats wrong with being a pyromaniac? I have a big pile in the back yard that I was going to light last night if that stupid storm hadn't rolled through. In the 2nd gen section it was brought up to get a picture of a Ram in front of a bon fire and that got me thinking that I want a picture of my truck in front of one, it'll be me with the camera then the truck then the fire so you'll see the silhouette of the truck with the fire in the background.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:58 AM
95_318SLT
Champion

Lol... I didn't say I wasn't a pyromaniac, I said I wasn't a sadistic one!!! :P

And FWIW, this is what my truck looks like right now as it sit...

DSCN0936.jpg?t=1278762938

The back wheels are bolted up. But there isn't anything to bolt the front ones to!!

But heres the part that really bugs me... I'm working nights right now, so during the day, my Ford is parked right next to the Dak. So this is what you would see if you were coming down the street from that direction (except you wouldn't even see that much of the Dakota cause I'm standing on my lawn, not the street)...

DSCN0971.jpg?t=1278763029

And from the other direction, you can't even see the bottom of my truck because of the landscaping until you are directly in front of the house next door.

Last edited by 95_318SLT; 07-10-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:49 AM
fk1022
All Star

maybe she's a spy... i'd tell them to f@&k off but that's me

Quick Reply: North Carolina Dodge Club