3.7 Club - Page 3 - DodgeForum.com

Notices

3.7 Club

Old 05-15-2010, 12:41 AM
wyseguy77
Captain

Originally Posted by Ethan_05_24 View Post
yepp...im not going to lie, i took the muffler off....it REALLY started to bug me. BUT i got my stripes in today! gettin them put on on Monday! will post pics. i MAY put the muffler back on after i get the stripes put on...im not sure....im going to try a few things with it...and i did dump it behind the axle...on accident, i hit a bump while driving and the end of the pipe came off...it was behind the axle...and it was too loud for me and it made the whole cab vibrate...i MAY put it back on though...im debating that...

also, after i get my stripes on, im going to completely debadge her. make her naked!
Thats why I got the Flowmaster 50 series Delta Flow. It's deep and not too loud, and has a lot less cabin drone. They're also called Rustmasters so depending on where you live you might want to see if they make it stainless steel. Rust not a prob here though.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:01 AM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

naw, they dont salt the roads here in Texas, it wont rust...i just dont know...it kinda sounded like a Jap Trap import car...but maybe that was just from the inside, the drone when i accelerated was my biggest annoyance though...idk, i may put it on to test what a drive by sounds like, record it so I can hear it...or maybe just have my dad drive down the road...idk. i liked it at first, but i got to think about it...from the inside, it didnt sound like it rumbled, just one long drone....come Monday we'll see how i feel about it.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:18 AM
chambers
Record Breaker

When the pipe came off was it disconnected before or after the muffler, b/c I know it would be way loud if it came loose before the muffler? I recommend an 18" magnaflow and a new y-pipe as I've got the 14" and it's louder than I like, good luck.

On a side note, I ordered some jba shorty headers for my truck and hopefully I'll have them and get them on in a couple weeks. I've also been talking to hemifever about getting custom tunes and he says he can do it for 04's and 06's once SCT alters something so the tune will load properly. Apparently the engineers at SCT are busy so it will probably be awhile before I get to test that out, but that's what I'm looking to do after the headers. I've only heard good things about hemifever's tunes so I'm really looking forward to getting one to see what the 3.7 can do.

Last edited by chambers; 05-15-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

it fell off after the muffler, with a bit of pipe running out of the muffler outlet. i put it back on, but i just got tired of it...idk i want to hear while its driving away, but im too lazy to put it back on and have my dad drive it for me. right now im just concerned with getting my stripes on

this is what they look like, only exact opposite, silver on black:

then im going to debadge everything except maybe the ram head on the tailgate.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

Originally Posted by chambers View Post
If it starts to get to you dump the tailpipe over the rear axle, it helped get rid of the drone on mine.

could i get a pic/clip of your exhaust? i want to see what your exhaust looks like dumped...i may do that, because the drone was the only real reason i took it off, other than that i liked it.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

i learned today that my girlfriends stepdad's truck is a v6 also, its just a 2003, and he has a louder muffler than mine was, and he has it dumped right in front of the rear axle...dont remember if there is any drone in the cab or not, i haven't had a ride in his truck since i got mine. how does shortening/dumping the exhaust pipe reduce resonance in the cab? and is there anything else i can do to reduce it...im too cheap to go buy a turn down pipe....

Old 05-16-2010, 03:31 PM
chambers
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Ethan_05_24 View Post
could i get a pic/clip of your exhaust? i want to see what your exhaust looks like dumped...i may do that, because the drone was the only real reason i took it off, other than that i liked it.
Here is a clip of it since I dumped it and the muffler is now broken in http://img230.imageshack.us/i/dsci0001.mp4/. The longer the tailpipe coming out the muffler usually means there will be more drone so shortening it will help get rid of it. When I had my exhaust done I had them cut out the factory y-pipe and do a dual in single out magnaflow and reuse the stock tailpipe. After the droning drove me nuts I cut off about 16 inches of tailpipe so it dumped down toward the ground. Here is a link to a pic http://img691.imageshack.us/i/dsci0001cm.jpg/ since for some reason it's not posting right.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

thanks for both of those. if i can get the drone gone id put i back on and leave it on. ill try the turn down pipe, if that doesnt work i'll see where it goes from there. Thanks for the help!

Old 05-16-2010, 06:27 PM
wyseguy77
Captain

This is mine sorry for the quality the blackberry storm sucks.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

thanks wyseguy! that video was the best help ive had so far. now that ive seen it, im going to try and get that done with my pipe, preferably another stock pipe though...i may go find one. or, would cutting the pipe void any kind of warranty? that is my main thing with my dad....if not them im just going to do that, cuz i can cut it myself and mount it. thanks again for the video AND the commentary throughout. that was the biggest help! Thanks!