Exterior Modifications Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

question with hood scoop

Old 07-06-2008, 11:41 AM
95dodgesport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question with hood scoop

how can i find out the exact factory paint for my 95 dakota, and where would i be able to pick up the paint for it at.im asking because i wanna throw on one of those hood scoops but i dont wanna leave it black witha dark green paint so i wanna try and find the paint to paint it first..

Old 07-09-2008, 02:18 AM
Bigbody
Professional
Default RE: question with hood scoop

i would go to a local body/paint shop they should be able to get the paint code for your truck and match the paint although the scoop may turn out a darker shade due to paint faiding on your truck being its a 96.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:30 AM
Avox
Rookie

where did you get your scoop from? Ive been lookin around for one that catches my eye...but so far no luck.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:20 AM
Bigbody
Professional

there are a bunch of places that carry hoods, stylin trucks has the online for sure and there are many other places I'm sure that have them online

Old 08-05-2008, 02:03 AM
Trey318
Captain

You can usually find the paint code one one of several manufacturer stickers. Look in the door jambs and the inside of the hood and you should be able to find it. Your local automotive paint shop should carry the paint youre lookin for, so just give em the paint code. Unless you mount the scoop before painting and blend the paint on the hood, it more than likely wont match quite right, so keep that in mind. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: question with hood scoop