Exterior Modifications Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Zaino wax

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zaino wax

I use it all the time on my customize PT. Great stuff

Old 02-19-2005, 01:41 AM
silverback

I started using it when I bought my wifes FX last year. Looks great and lasts a long time. It's also easy to maintain.

I have to partially agree with what BIGMOPAR said. If you do not clean the paint first, all you are doing is sealing in the impurities, which is not a good thing to do. Zaino recommends that you clay bar the surface even on a brand new vehicle prior to applying the wax. Here is picture I took yesterday of the reflection of a tree on the hood of the FX.

I will be cleaning and applying Zaino to the new truck tomorrow.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12526/209B4F9F82754FF19F4410CC0527BE02.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-20-2005, 12:02 AM
jimtriz

If you use a detailer's clay first, it will eliminate the contamination that's on the paint. The process should be:
1. Wash
2. Rub surface of vehicle with clay ( using detailing spritz or quick detailer for lube) and wipe with microfiber cloth
3. Polish. the condition of the paint will dictate which type and how aggressive of a polish you should use. A good rule of thumb is to use the least aggressive polish to get the job done.
4. Wax or sealant.

I have been using this procedure for a while now and am completely impressed with how slick and smooth the surface of the paint can be. It's almost like soft buttah!!!! I learned these steps on www.autopia.org Just like this forum, it's full of great people who know a lot about the subject and like to share info. I hope this helps.

Jim

Old 05-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Daytona Ram

I have used Zaino products exclusively now for 3 years on my 50th Anniversary C5 Corvette. I WILL be using them on my new 2005 Ram 1500 Daytona Quad cab in Go Mango. Follow the steps outlined on the www.zainobros.com web site to the letter including cotton towels and you will not be sorry. Clay the vehicle after washing with detergent (liquid dawn soap) the first time then follow with Z1. While still wet, apply Z5 if you want to get rid of swirls/light scratches (might take 2-3 coats) using the spray enhancer between coats. Then complete the job with several coats of Z2 (smells like pina colota). This stuff is fantastic. That said, will try Wolfgang products on wifes Jeep but Zaino and only Zaino goes on the vette.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:05 AM
SueK
Professional

I use Rod & Custom show gloss and nothing else anymore. Easy and lasts. No more bull. It goes on just about everything on the car. Made my Silver Steel metallic brilliant. I will never buy the other stuff again. P.S. It's not a wax it's a sealer. Here's a place that explains about it.http://www.houkenterprises.com/AutoLine.htm It protects decals too. If the link doesn't show it's at Houk enterprises and Autotrindesign

Old 07-28-2007, 11:08 AM
SueK
Professional
Default RE: ROD & CUSTOM SHOW GLOSS CREME

ORIGINAL: babe_n_indy

Your car looks nice. Used to use Zaino until I found Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme. I like Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme better than Zaino! It makes my car shine much more!
Thanks to this person I bought Rod & Shine and it is better!!!! But the problem is most people don't believe it TIL they use it.

Quick Reply: Zaino wax