Exterior Modifications Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Zaino wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 03:58 AM
hi_nuf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino wax

Hey, has anyone else tried any Zaino wax? This stuff is awesome! Check out my pics and tell me what you think.

Old 07-22-2004, 05:19 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Zaino wax

Looks good!!! I've heard good stuff about it, I just can't find it around here....

Old 07-24-2004, 05:05 PM
babe_n_indy
Default ROD & CUSTOM SHOW GLOSS CREME

Your car looks nice. Used to use Zaino until I found Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme. I like Rod & Custom Show Gloss Creme better than Zaino! It makes my car shine much more!

Old 07-27-2004, 11:31 AM
hi_nuf

I ordered mine from www.zainobros.com

Old 09-18-2004, 08:06 AM
KaPPaBaLL

there are so many products out there. So far Zaino and Klear Kote have been by far the best.

Old 09-21-2004, 05:24 PM
Scott P

Zaino is an excellent product. However, it does have its limits. It doesn't do anything for oxidation or swirls. Plus, it is very finicky and does not work well with many other products. The durability of Zaino is great. I may actually use it on my car for the winter.

I prefer the look of many other products out there that are cheaper, easier to use and more versatile than Zaino. Clearkote, Poorboy's World, Pinnacle, Four Star Ultimate, Klasse, Wolfgang, Meguiar's, etc are all part of my detailing arsenal.

I choose my products based on color and what mood I'm in. Right now, I have Poorboy's EX sealant topped by Pinnacle Souveran paste wax on my black Grand Prix. The wife's Envoy has Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection on it. The MG has Clearkote Vanilla Moose and Carnauba Moose Wax. I have Klasse on the snowblower and Meguiar's NXT on the lawnmower.

Old 09-25-2004, 04:51 AM
BIGMOPAR

I thought i would pop in and say the best thing to use is No WAX yes i said it No wax at all i took a Martin-senour training course and the factory tech said the worst thing for your vehicle's finish is Wax! Why you may ask, well whenever you wax your car most of folks wax after they wash their vehicle even though you think it's clean it is not their is still small particles of dirt and tar and when you wax you just trap those particles underneath the wax and then the sun acts as a magnifying glass and imbeds the particles into your clearcoat after enough time the dirt eats its way further into the finish eventually opening a pore into the base coat and primer and after that it's bare metal! instead the Factory tech said that the best way to keep the finish glossy is to just use a good quality Hand Glaze instead of adding a layer of wax it removes dirt and other harmful agents and protects the finish as well always use glazes WITHOUT silicone it is very important because if you ever have to have your vehicle repainted or panel repaired the painter will experience problems with fish-eye even if he has prepped the area very thourghly and adhesion problems will occur (i have seen this first hand especially in door jamb area from interior cleaning products with silicone such as Armor-all) and this will make the cost go up for added material and paint. Just thought i would let everyone know what i was told that shocked me at the time!

Old 10-11-2004, 11:01 PM
chadster

Check out our product 5 Star Shine. We are a new sponsor to dodgeforum.com

https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=72667

Old 10-12-2004, 08:53 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too have heard of this before. That is exactly why most companies provide a system that supplies several different steps of products to prevent exactly that from happening. They usually start off with a fairly aggressive cleaner to remove those stubborn particles and then finally finish with a polish after the wax. When you start to feel little "things" on the surface after you've waxed the car, that is when you have these particles trapped.

Old 10-12-2004, 06:03 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

RR, did you ever get your SRT-4 fixed up from the crazy Camaro driver?

Quick Reply: Zaino wax