General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

What does this mean??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:54 AM
soulbro361
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does this mean??

I have a 2000 dodge ram single cab truck. For the past few months when I drive sometimes long distance my truck just cuts off on me. Where my milage shows the words " no bus" comes up. what does that mean?? If anyone knows what I'm talking about please help me out. Thanks

Old 06-23-2007, 05:54 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: What does this mean??

means it lost connection with the PCM.. sounds to me like u hit a bump and it rattled it a bit.. check connections on it..

Old 06-23-2007, 09:59 PM
soulbro361

But it doesn't always happen after I hit a bump or something. When it cuts off, it takes a while for it to start up again. When I try to turn it on thats when the "no bus" comes up. Do you think it may be my fuel pump getting ready to go out???

Old 06-23-2007, 11:45 PM
jbotkin

I have a 99 dakota with the exact same problem. I have done some research and everything points to a short in one of several sensors. So far have not been able to solve my problem. Nothing related to the fuel pump itself

Old 06-24-2007, 02:19 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

if the no bus comes and goes, its most likely a loose connection. do a search on no bus for the locations of all the grounds - power steering bracket, under dash on drivers side, other places maybe firewall near pcm. also unplug and replug pcm several times to reseat all connections there. also CTM under dash to the right of the gas pedal (on a 01) its a black box about 4" x 3" x 1"