General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

I'VE ABOUT HAD IT WITH THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 01:47 PM
ebfh22000@yahoo.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'VE ABOUT HAD IT WITH THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!

Ok got my overheating problem solved on my 90 Daytona. Now it has stared with another problem. It runs fine in drive. But sitting at a stop it will idle smooth then idle rough for about 10 seconds then idle fine again. And will do this until I start moving. A few times it has stopped when doing this. If I put the car in park or neutral while stopped it will not idle rough at all. It has a new headgasket, thermostat, distibutor, plugs, and plug wires. The other day after driving it for awhile and it got warmed up real well it seemed better. But that was just for that one day. A friend of mine told me that it doesn't sound like anything to serious. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be? I have to take this car 300 miles to my Uncles funeral in two days. I need this car!!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2004, 12:08 AM
SPs 77 Dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'VE ABOUT HAD IT WITH THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!

Have you put a fuel injector cleaner into the gas. Your injector(s) could be plugging causing your rough idle. It could also be any number of sensors. I know some manuals had codes you could check by counting the flashes of your engine light. Someone else here may know. I wish I could be of more help but my Dodge has no sensors whatsoever.