General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

battery is draining on 2003 2500 hemi

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:53 PM
jgunne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery is draining on 2003 2500 hemi

Can anyone help me? I have a 2003 3/4 ton 4x4 hemi manual trans. And I am having to jump it off every morning. Once truck is cranked, it runs fine and the altenator seems to be charging. Once the truck is killed and sits for several hours (like overnight) the battery is completely dead. I have checked for wires going to ground and cant find any. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?
Thanks
Justin

Old 10-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: battery is draining on 2003 2500 hemi

Get a test light. Disconnect the positive battery cable. Attach 1 end of the test light to the positive battery post and the other end to the positive cable. Open the power distribution center(fuse box)under the hood and pull out a fuse. If the light goes off, there is your draw on the battery. If the light stays on, put the fuse back in and go to the next fuse. Continue this until the light goes off. The only exception to this is the fuse marked as the IOD(ingition off draw) fuse. This fuse supplies power to things that need power when the ingition switch is off. Such as power door locks, clock, interior lights, etc. Good luck....

Quick Reply: battery is draining on 2003 2500 hemi