General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Headlight removal troubles.. 3rd gen RAM

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 07:14 PM
offroadHEMI4x4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight removal troubles.. 3rd gen RAM

Well I am having a hell of a time trying to remove the headlight housing from my truck. I have taken out all the bolts etc... as the owner manual states.. there is nothing holding it stable. Its very loose.. but it just will not pull out.. I am dumbfounded as to a simple procedure can be so difficult.. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!!!

I am installing new PIAA Extreme bright whites.. I can't wait to get em in but I ain't havin fun doin it! [:@]

Old 11-28-2004, 08:43 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Headlight removal troubles.. 3rd gen RAM

You don't need to remove the headlapms to put new bulbs in, they "pop" in from the rear of the lamp. There is a 1/4 turn locking ring that holds them in.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:46 AM
Copperdoctor

And don't feel alone, I had the same problem...that little rubber gasket can be a pain to seat. Word of advice, once you do get them in, check your handiworks against a wall, its easy to end up with beams pointing straight skyward, as other drivers pointed out to me.

Old 11-29-2004, 07:22 AM
casper
Legend

yep I second that if all your changing is the bulbs, its a twist lock on the back. I know how hard they can be to get at, I almost pulled the headlight on my neon, I couldn't get the stupid thing to lock back in.

Old 12-02-2004, 04:44 AM
offroadHEMI4x4

Yeah its in now.... I did it without getting the housing out.. a little tight but oh well it worked and they look awesome. Nothing broke either! hahaha.. twist lock went good.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Headlight removal troubles.. 3rd gen RAM