General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

intrepid problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 04:20 AM
Jcrash84
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intrepid problem

i have a 97 intrepid 3.5 and went to start it the other day and discovered that my battery was almost dead, the car cranked a couple of time very slowly but never fired. the charger was put on it and i went to work, when i came home the battary was charged but now the car would crank and and fire and try to start but it would not start. i had so new plugs at home so i changed them and still nothing, i checked the spark, it was there. i checked the fuel pump it was working but still nothing, my friend then came over and tried to start it, when it would fire and almost start he started pumping the gas and after about 10 seconds it started up, idled rough for a couple of seconds and then ran fine the only weird things was that it was blowing a lot of white smoke out the exhaust, we both thought it was the head gasket but the smoke stopped in a couple of mins, it runs smooth and fine now, the old plugs all look the same which tells me water was not leaking in on just a couple of them, the oil looks fine, and it was not foamy under the oil cap, also it does not overheat and the coolant level is still the same as it was a few days ago when i first discoved the problem. my friend thinks it is still a head gasket problem but with the car acting very normal since it began running again i don't know what to think

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

ps i had not driven the car for two days before i discovered the dead battery and it sat for almost a week after i first tried to start it with no luck, if this helps

thanks,
josh

Quick Reply: intrepid problem