General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Sound System !NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Zacman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound System !NEED HELP!

I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 I put in a sony xplode head unit with a bolt amp and two 12inch Kenwood tornado subs and one 10inch sony xplode sub I can turn the head unit up to about half away or a little under then the amp goes into protect I have no clue all the connections are good. PLEASE HELP ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Old 12-11-2004, 09:22 AM
SnipeRT
Rookie
Default RE: Sound System !NEED HELP!

My only suggestion...

Get rid of the Bolt amp and pick up something else. I prefer US Acoustics myself, but get whatever fits your needs.

Old 12-12-2004, 09:58 PM
CLIMAXVA

do you happen to know what Oms you have on your subs? if you don't it sould be on the back of the sub in the middle of the magnet. It will have the omaga symbol next to it. Ever time you bridge your amp it briings your oms down. If you have to low of an om the amp will do excalty what you are talking about. don't know if that helped. Write me back and tell me if that worked or not.

Old 12-13-2004, 01:39 AM
casper
Legend

That sounds like the problem to me. You are running too many subs off one amp, and the ohms rating is not right, I had an mtx 3 sub box, but it wire wired correctly and had the right subs.

Old 12-19-2004, 11:27 PM
moparmania
Veteran

sounds correct to me as well, but i have always had problems with bolt amps, nice price but .....well you know where im going with it. dont want to sound like im knocking your choice in amps, just had bad luck with them. draw too much power from them and they with shut down, and come back on when cooled, you could try using a cooling fan aound the amp too. my 2 cents DENNIS

Old 12-20-2004, 06:36 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Your definitely running way too much off of that amp. What wattage is the amp? RMS and Max? I doubt the Max power would even be enough to handle that. Your far better off buying one amp for the two Kenwood 12s (a decent amp from my experience is the Fosgate 501S 1500Wmax its capable of running many different power ranges and running them well) and another smaller amp for the Xplod 10" sub. Or use the Bolt amp for the 10" sub, and buy another one for the 12s. You'll also find you have a much better sound that way. Your subs won't suffer from restrained power supply. It wouldn't hurt to ground your truck better also. Good luck with whatever you do, but def get another amp

Old 12-26-2004, 02:56 AM
TJW815
Veteran

i'm following suit, dump the amp... Get something better or disconnect the last sub and run the other two in stereo. My amp isn't the best, but bolt, my lord, they suck.... Kind of like jensen or audivox... Real CHEAP and INEXPENSIVE...

No offense intended of course

Quick Reply: Sound System !NEED HELP!