General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

No start ram

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 05:08 PM
firewrench
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start ram

I have a no start condition, 97 ram 1500 4x4 123000 miles.
Ran it last sat traveled over 100 miles ran good and strong, parked all day sunday.
Went to go to work mon morning,turned over good, popped a couple times then just cranks. (no spark) had a code 12 batt diconnect at pcm, during last 50 key cycles. I have access to alldatapro @ work, went through trouble shooting procedures of checking crank, cam, asd relay etc. the groung signal to latch the asd relay will close it but instantly opens the curcuit, Question. does the pcm (power train contol module) keep the asd relay latched while cranking, supposedly it controls the ground for the ignition coil curcuit.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Scott

[IMG]local://upfiles/84760/A9DF0731350F4379BB18AB9D52EABD61.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-03-2008, 10:24 PM
allpro1993
Default RE: No start ram

ive heard about bad pcm's but have no idea sorry please post ur answer when u find it for knowledge.sorry.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:40 PM
firewrench
Default RE: No start ram

Well, after a couple weeks of the roundy round with this thing, I finally said ta heck with it and towed it to the stealership, I had replaced the crank sensor, with napas best unit, $130. then I purchased a pmc through the same store, little did I know these pcms are just a generic replacement, if the truck has any special options such as evs security etc it wont work, and you must upload the vin into the pcm in order for it to work, and guess who can do that for ya? DODGE! unless you have a good connection with somebody who has a scanner/programer for OBD2. dodge told me that after the pcm was uploaded, they found a faulty crank sensor, (brand new) the truck never turned a wheel with the other sensor, could be BS, and I guess it is possible that they sell garbage, so short story long,
$five ben franklins, and one ulysses s grant, for the stealership, not counting what I threw away before that on pcm, and crank sensor all told, around $880good damn thing I have a money treethat is in full bloom...

Quick Reply: No start ram