General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

starting problems????asap

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 06:46 PM
goofydaddy12000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting problems????asap

well i am having a problem with pos starter problems when i turn the ignition to start my 96 dodge grand caravan all i get is a clicking sound but if i do that a coupkle times sometimes it start would that be a starter problem or a soleniod problems or could it just be the wires to the starter please help as soon as possible????

Old 03-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Truck Dude
Veteran
Default RE: starting problems????asap

could be your battery staring to die too..same thing was happening to my brothers toyota camry.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Truck Dude
Veteran

could be your battery staring to die too..same thing was happening to my brothers toyota camry.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:19 PM
allpro1993

should get qet a voltometer $20.00 tells u everything

Old 03-05-2008, 06:50 PM
firewrench

Once you get the volt meter, and or other testing equipment, check battery voltage @ the battery not running should be around 12 volts, plus or minus 5 or 6. simple way to test alternator, see if voltage increases to around 13.5 or so when engine is running, of course load testing is a different procedure, but that will get you in the ball park.
Also inspect terminals @ the starter feed stud, clean as needed, if you are getting good voltage @ the starter, then I would say that it is suspect, a relay could also cause that problem, by not staying latched, pull a like relay out of another componant and swap it temporarily. hope that helps.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:12 AM
kent_08
Rookie

A couple of months ago, I also had problems starting my car. After inspecting all my truck parts, it turned out that my battery needs a replacement and there was a loose connection. After replacing the battery with a new one and having cleaned the connections, my car now runs and no more problem. I would suggest that you check all car parts like starter, battery, relays,etc. to see what might causing this problem.

Quick Reply: starting problems????asap