General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

abs and brake light prob

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 11:01 PM
youwho
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs and brake light prob

hi all, i have a 95 ram 2x4 and i thought i was driving a 4x4 and tried climbing an icy alley. i made it almost to the top when i lost it. i ended up backing down 2 ft at a time. i let off the break then slid 2 ft. well anyway, after the ordeal was over, i noticed my abs light was on and the brake light under it also. never happened b4 and i was wondering if there s a reset or something . i have perfect braking so if anyone has an idea, id appreciate it. thanx duane

Old 02-23-2004, 01:44 PM
joshkaos
Default RE: abs and brake light prob

youwho,
I have a 2002 Ram 1500 and had the same problem. It was this past winter and after driving over ice and snow, the two lights came on and stayed on for about a week. I still had perfect braking and felt like nothing was wrong. I took it to the dealership and found out that there was a sensor in the rear that had broke and that was what was causing the lights to engage. After the sensor was replaced, no more lights.

Old 02-23-2004, 05:46 PM
TravR/T

Sounds to me like a rear Speed Sensor is out.
~Trav

Old 02-25-2004, 07:09 PM
youwho

tha josh and trav. its getting warm this weekend, ill dive underneath the ol dodge and check it out.

Quick Reply: abs and brake light prob