General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Truck Won't start

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 12:39 AM
99Dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck Won't start

99 Ram Extended Cab Diesel 4x4

Brought truck in to have fuel filter replaced, battery was disconnected. Now when we re-connect batery alarm disables the truck, it won't turn over. When alarm is turned off lights all over the dash begin to flash. Tried disconnecting again, messing with ignition and alarm, nothing seems to work, the alarm seems to have disabled the truck.

Any ideas on how to bypass or disable the alarm manually or any other suggestions? I have also had some problems with the ignition..e.g. the truck would stay on after key was removed, or could be started wthout key...this happens every now and then, after turning the ignition a few times it seems to act normally. Don't know if the two are related but could be.

tks

Old 01-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Snafu
Default RE: Truck Won't start

Sounds like you've got a wiring problem nightmare there... Sounds electrical, and that's a major pain to track down.

Old 01-13-2005, 01:45 PM
moparmania
Veteran

i could be way wrong , but i have heard if you leave the pos disconected for about 15 min it should reset. dont quote me.. hope all turns out good

i had the same problem on my vette and i used the key in the dang door lock and it turned off, but thats a chevy for ya

Old 01-19-2005, 05:06 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

did you use your keyfob to arm and disarm the securtiy system before you try to start? that's the way my jeep GC was...

Quick Reply: Truck Won't start