General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2000 Voyager transmission

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 02:37 PM
aferrell@suddenlink.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Voyager transmission

I just had a rebuilt transmission put in my 2000 Voyager van. It's been running fine for about a month now. Today, I hopped in and made a quick beer run. I noticed it shifted funny pretty soon as I accelerated...got my attention. Then, on leaving the store, I noticed that it wasn't shifting out of first or second into higher gear...even on the freeway. I then noticed the engine light on. I came home and just recently went back out and checked fluid. It was on the stick but not very high...so I added about a half pint of fluid to it. I let it idle for a while and then took it out for another drive. Everything seemed to be fine...I even stomped it into passing gear on the highway and it did that like it should. My question is....is it normal that my engine light may still be lit...or does that indicate I still have a problem? Should I be running low on fluid this soon after it was serviced, or is it common to just put enough in to make it function when it was serviced? Thanks for any help!

Old 07-05-2008, 03:57 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2000 Voyager transmission

moe in wichita ks

checkout these guys. i have known them from the late 60s. 90% of ALL trans shops get parts from them. they dont mind giveing advise, and they realy do know any question you can put to them. they are very honest.

http://areds.com/
email orders: parts@areds.com

Quick Reply: 2000 Voyager transmission