General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Short throw

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 04:15 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short throw

Quicky for ya kids... And I am sure I'll get crap for it... but...

Since I know a lot of you have owned or know people with Civic's... who makes a good short throw for them and where is a good place to order one?? Any ideas?? I bought a 4 door LX as my daily driver (gas mileage!!!) but the throw and feel of the shifter is major crap!!! I'm not looking for a race car here (I need more stickers for that)... ha-ha... any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thx

Old 04-12-2005, 05:25 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker
Default RE: Short throw

b & m
neuspeed
dc

If I recall correctly, my old shifter was a dc. they make two bend shifters and stanndard 1 bend sts's. I had the single and liked it alot. goes for 60-130$

you can easily get one at pep boys that is fine as well for '88-'00 models. they go for 30-40$, have basically the same geometry, and are better than you'd expect from the house of rice.

either way - the car isn't that bad - don't be embarrassed. My last car was a worked dx 4 door and it handled, dare I say, as well as or better than the srt-4 I am driving now(in a straight line, of course no comparison).

Try some cheap stb's as well - they do alot to help the car rotate in turns. Most importantly get yourself a set of real light 15x6.5 alloy wheels and some 195/50/15 tires(huge difference in performance, and any bigger is too heavy for the little civic) I had Konig traffics that weighed like 12 lbs and were cheap to boot.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:27 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

Thanks Post,

right now just the STS will be good... cheap rims and window tint maybe later this summer after I see what else I can spend on the SRT

I appreciate the input!

Old 04-12-2005, 05:38 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

Not a thing SRT_YA.

One note I forgot to mention - on the sts - if you go with one - don't get a metal ****. the shifter transferrs a lot of heat from the exhaust system...there is a Cat or at least exh. piping right under the shifter. A leather covered/carbon **** is a good thing to go with; otherwise, on long drives you'll find that a metal **** gets pretty darn hot with the civic.

What year is it?

I might have a piece or two from the old car lying around. Mine was a '96 (grandma' blue of course) I know I have a chrome battery tie down, and radiator cap, maybe a blue led shift ****(aluminum with lighted gate pattern and numbers0, aluminum parking brake cover and a couple of other things I have no reason to keep lying around here somewhere.

Quick Reply: Short throw