General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

help a girl out..

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Krusher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help a girl out..

ORIGINAL: Aftrshck

I would recommend contacting your local parts dealer, and ask them if they can point out what other places that alternator is used....I used to work in a parts store and they CAN do it...just need to find someone that will do it for ya....in most cases....the 75amp alt will be on the vehicles with more accessories....the more common one i believe is the 60 amp....75 is considered HD at that point....i would drop the 50 at the junk yard and be done....what is your time worth? I know mine is worth too much to waste alot of time....that is how i look at it....just my .02...

~not meant to offend...but to help...please remember tip the help....we most likely need it~

this is a valid point but to put a used alt in your vehicle is asking for trouble... in my opinion... it's like putting in used oil... Let the salvage yards be used for non-moving parts or consumbles and let a good shop rebuild your alt for around the same price as a salvage yard used one and give you a 1 year or even 2 year waraanty on it... Time is truely worth money... but money is worth more than time...

Old 03-17-2004, 08:08 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

...and if you have it rebuilt by a reputable company, it will be BETTER than OEM...[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 03-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Aftrshck
Veteran

when i was short on cash....or just needed to get by...i would get starters and alternators when i needed them.....but i do prefer purchasing the new items if i have the cash....just need to take care of business is all...

Old 03-17-2004, 08:22 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

In the 18 months I worked rebuilding them in Houston, we never had one returned under warranty...[sm=smiley16.gif]

Old 03-17-2004, 10:57 PM
yawnshemi420
Captain

do you have a schucks around? I bought one for my 88 Nissain't Pick up back when I was 16 and I only paid like 75 bucks for a refurb.

Old 03-17-2004, 11:16 PM
426cuda

the daytona also has a 2.2 engine but there turbo charged but it might work...

Old 03-19-2004, 03:00 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only about half or less of all Daytona's were turbocharged. Mine being a true Shelby Z with the 2.2L Turbo II and power everything had a higher amperage alternator, I think it was a 115 amp alternator.[sm=smiley24.gif]

Old 03-20-2004, 12:28 AM
HEMI ?
Rookie

yes i would recommend a good rebuild shop i know they do a great economy job for when we need them and the work is great. Like somebody else said in an earlier post reputation call a dealer or a good local seervice station and see if they can recommend a good one i know we do all the time i feel for the little guy who needs their money and feed off the rich he he he

Quick Reply: help a girl out..