General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2002 Durango AC doesn't blow hard

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 12:54 PM
bogeydog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Durango AC doesn't blow hard

I have a 2002 Durango SLT and even with the AC on high, I get very little air out the vent near the driver's door and not much more out of the other vents. Living in FL, this presents a major problem. Is there a way to 'supercharge' my fan? Is is a mechanical issue with the vents not being open fully? It's been like this since I bought it in 03 with 30,000 miles on it. I now have 65,000 on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:00 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2002 Durango AC doesn't blow hard

do you find that at certain points, such as the floor aim, or defrost aim, it does blow harder? can you hear the fan actually working on every setting in the fan speed swtich?

Old 08-03-2005, 04:05 PM
bogeydog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2002 Durango AC doesn't blow hard

The fan SOUNDS like it's working hard. The defrost/floor doesn't feel any different from the standpoint of the amount of air blowing than it does when it's coming out of the vents. The fan works on all settings it just seems underpowered. It does have dual air and I've tried shutting off the back, but I get no difference out of the front when I do that.

Quick Reply: 2002 Durango AC doesn't blow hard