General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

OBD2 Computer System

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 03:51 PM
pvr02
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD2 Computer System

I have always wanted to put a computer in my car. Needless to say I am a techie. I have a computer built (hardware wise just need to fabricate a small case) that I plan on putting in my 2005 Dodge Stratus.

I want it mainly for MP3 storage for all my music since I drive alot, but would also use it for GPS and navigation.

Anyway, Here is my question. I would also like to give it the ability to hook up to my OBD system. Has anyone done this before? What did you need and how did it come out? I would be hoping that I could see and record my system stats and in the event of a failure I could get the error codes.

Also, if you know of a good place to get a touch screen color LCD that could be mounted in a car (one that goes into the dash would be nice) I would appreciate it.

Old 08-29-2005, 04:24 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OBD2 Computer System

http://www.digimoto.com/

You would need something like this. There are others out there, just need to search google. To plug into your computer, you need a converter that converts CAN protocol(OBD II) to use with either your RS232 port or USB port.

Quick Reply: OBD2 Computer System