General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2005 Caravan keyless install????

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 09:20 PM
66IISW
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Caravan keyless install????

(This is a duplicate post to an earlier one in the truck/van forums)

I have purchased a 2005 Grand Caravan with power door locks, but without keyless remote.

I would like to install keyless remote, but am having difficulty finding out what I need.

I have searched previous threads on this subject, and found a response from brandoncrone indicating the last eight of the vin can be used to identify whether the vehicle is equipped to accommodate keyless entry.

My key is a plain flat key with no stampings and an oval head covered in black rubber with a ram's head engraved in one side of the black rubber cover.

The last eight of my vin is 5B341162.

Is there a way to use the factory receiver module (if it's there), and just get a keyfob without the "special" key?

If it is not currently "keyless ready" what do I need to buy to convert?

Thanks for any information you are able to provide.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:43 AM
s22479a
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 Caravan keyless install????

66, There are several ways to go with this one. You can have RKE installed at the dealer and have the correct system or go with an aftermarket system. I would go with the Chrysler/Dodge dealer add on. Some of the aftermarket systems tend to interfere with other systems on the vehicle. Mike

Quick Reply: 2005 Caravan keyless install????