General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

General Recall Info

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 02:32 AM
PARoadRunner
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General Recall Info

I hear a lot about recalls and how people are entitled to them for certain vehicles. Would anyone explain to me what the general rules are on recalls? If your car's model year had a recall issued for it years back, what are the limits on the recall period? How does one go about getting their car checked out? Are there any costs to the consumer? Do you have to be the original owner? Thanks

Old 09-04-2005, 02:55 AM
s22479a
Default RE: General Recall Info

PA, Recalls are forever and free no matter how many owners have had the vehicle. However, they are limited to ONLY the parts and labor included in the recall. For instance: If there is a recall on ball joints, then the ball joints will be corrected but if your tires are worn out due to the ball joints, you are responsible for the tires. All you need to do is stop at your dealer and have them run your VIN and see what shows up. One note: some very old recalls no longer have parts available and can not be done.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:38 AM
PARoadRunner
Professional

There are probably some recalls for my Strat, but I have no clue whether theyve been corrected or not.
Are dealers generally grumpy about taking care of recalls? Do they make you wait 2 weeks or will they take care of it?

Old 09-05-2005, 04:01 AM
s22479a

When your dealer runs your VIN, all related recalls will show up for the VIN entered. They will show either incomplete or complete as the case may be. As far as waiting;its usually first written- first fixed(depending on parts availability). As for being "grumpy"; all I can say is its ALWAYS good to bring fresh doughnuts with you ANYTIME you take your car to a mechanic. hahaha

Old 09-06-2005, 12:57 AM
thump186
Record Breaker

if you go to the dodge web site there is a section to input the last 8 of your vin and it will tell you if there is any incomplete recalls on your strat.

Quick Reply: General Recall Info