General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Red Buggy Babe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Hello, to all you Dodge lovers here. I've lost my keys to my 2001 NEon and can't find them anywhere, what is the easiest way to get a key for it. I heard that a vin # to a parts department might be the trix. Any one know how much that might be. Gosh., 69.95 would be a problem at this time. Have a safe driving trip, and keep the autos loaded with stuf for anything these days. Linda

Old 09-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned
Default RE: Help

Welcome to the site. You could probably go to the dealership with the vin# but I"m pretty sure they would want to see proof of owner ship. I doubt they would just make a random key for anyone. Theives ya know.

Old 09-25-2005, 10:59 PM
MGDMike
Champion

ORIGINAL: Daksport1pa

Welcome to the site. You could probably go to the dealership with the vin# but I"m pretty sure they would want to see proof of owner ship. I doubt they would just make a random key for anyone. Theives ya know.
I agree...when you find your keys, come on back and stay awhile. Welcome to DF as well!!

Old 09-27-2005, 07:43 AM
Chump
Captain

Call the parts department at the dealer and ask them and/or call a local locksmith...sometimes the locksmiths are much cheaper and easier to work with.

Old 09-27-2005, 10:00 AM
thump186
Record Breaker

The dealership would be able to help and depending on the type of key they maybe the only way. which key did you have? It was either a flat black one or a grey one. if its the grey one it would be a dealer item because of the chip inside which needs to be programed to the car. If it was just the basic black key then a locksmith probaly would be able to help.