General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

distributor problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 12:53 AM
bunnam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default distributor problems

hey i have a 98 dakota sport, which i love by the way, however i am having some problems with rainy weather and my truck not starting. now i have heard from several ppl that dakotas are known for distributor problems and i dont know if this is true or not, i just bought a new one too, so im not sure why it is still having problems starting after rain...ne solutions or comments would be appreciated

Old 09-27-2005, 02:11 AM
vestpuzzle1
Professional
Default RE: distributor problems

You shouldn't worry to much 'bout it. You bought a Dodge. You bought the BEST! R.V.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:15 AM
Chump
Captain

I assume you installed the new distributor? Did you replace the cap and rotor? You can also try spraying the heck out of the inside of the distributor and cap/rotor with WD-40...it won't hurt anything and will diplace any moisture that's built up. You can also spray your spark plug wires and carefully check the coil and all wires going to and from it. It can also be sprayed with WD-40.

Old 09-27-2005, 10:04 AM
thump186
Record Breaker

I agree wd40 can help alot in situations like this. If all the wires are good then moisture would be where I would suspect your problem is.

Quick Reply: distributor problems