General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Performance Modules?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 03:15 AM
PARoadRunner
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Modules?

Ive been seeing these things on ebay. They promise to give better performance, increased HP and torque. These things hook up to your Intake Air Temperature or Coolant Temperature Sensor. Anyone use one of these or is this just another bogus product?
Link is for a Stratus Module.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...QQcmdZViewItem

Ive come across old posts and 99% seem to think these things are garbage. They are apparently just resistors and potentiometers of some sort, but really are just a waste of money. Again, I am getting this from archived posts from people that may or may not have used these things.

On the other hand, the vendor that sells these things on ebay sells ONLy these devices and it seems the vast majority of buyers are pleased with the product or at least the customer service...

I want to try it out if theres a money back guarantee, but if its not worth the shipping costs then I wont bother. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 09-26-2005, 06:13 PM
MAGICDSSMAN
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance Modules?

If you want to try it out just go to radio shack and pick you up a couple of them for like 10 cents each. I have a 4.7khz in my ait sensor plug right now because my ait sensor went bad. I have also considered building a switch to run to it with different ohm's so I can control the air/fuel ratio a little more. All and all the only thing they do is increase the fuel mixture.

Quick Reply: Performance Modules?