General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Reflash ?? : Dodge Colt Vista

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 12:56 AM
rr66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reflash ?? : Dodge Colt Vista

had my injectors ('89 colt vista 2.0) at a local shop - he was going to test them. found out last night though that i had no current at the # 1 and #2 injector connector (so i decided to pick up the injectors) i was telling the whole story and a salesman shows up , but he mentioned that i may need to reflash the EEPROM. did not figure that i could do that; thought he said something like doing the KOKO test would also do that.

Does anyone know if this is true; or How do you reflash the EPROM. ??

well, anyway i came back home and decided to check continuity from the injector (neg) to the ECU (think it is called MPI (multi-port injection) Control Unit, for this vehicle). Good continuity.
Anyway, plugged the connector back into the ECU and checked with a good ground to the battery. Circuit showed good.. THEN, made the normal check at the injector, and LO and BEHOLD, the circuit gave a GOOD voltage reading. well, i hope it was good (not for sure of the exact reading (using analog)). will put everything back soon, and see how it runs (HAD a terrible miss before - and everything else checked OK - too much to list right now).

Did removing the connector at the ECU somehow reset to make thing work ???????

Old 09-27-2005, 05:24 PM
rr66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reflash ?? : Dodge Colt Vista

now have a fuel pump that is out. Sigh!

Quick Reply: Reflash ?? : Dodge Colt Vista